PDA

View Full Version : Kodak Film Pack Adapter

Urbanmuse
03-26-2008, 01:27 AM
Quite inspired by this site, I've begun to draw together some of the materials with which I can construct a pinhole camera. I've purchased three 3x4 Baco film holders, and a Kodak film pack adapter for the same size. I am puzzled by the film pack adapter. I understand it takes 12 cut films with black paper sheaths which I see no problem in cutting down and fitting myself. The sheaths have a small tab which extends out of the adapter, I understand and can accommodate for that too. What I don't understand is how the next cut film would get exposed after the first shot. In my naivete, I thought that the film could be shuffled from front to back, like a deck of cards, until all 12 were shot. But I can't figure out how I would be able to do that. I've scoured the internet for any information, but my results have been thin as to the actual operation of this film pack. Any and all information would be helpful. I think I can make something of it, but until I've found a way to "advance" the film, I am stuck.

murrayatuptowngallery
06-03-2008, 12:27 AM
I think they were all linked together, maybe fanfold or similar. Thin (as in rollfilm, 0.004" or so)) film was used, and a different size )smaller?) than the standard sheet film.

I'm told when you pulled the tab, it pulled the exposed sheet from the front to the back of the stack.

Mr Photo 1 or similar on eBay might (or may have in the past) offer reloading service, if original paper is retained.

Jim Jones here may remember the actual process of exposure and advancing instead of my hearsay.