PDA

View Full Version : Sand Pattern on Salted Paper

Laura_Campbell
10-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Today I printed the Sand Pattern on salted paper. This is a single coat of silver applied with a brush on Arches Platine. I was a little worried that I might need a double coat of silver but the contrast looks pretty good on the single coat. The image was exposed for 22 minutes in a UV box, followed by a rinse in water. I toned the print in gold-borax for about 3 minutes followed by a water rinse, and fix.

Sand Pattern, Great Sand Dunes National Park (4x6)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3228/2974893983_f5069492a8_o.jpg

earlj
10-26-2008, 06:33 PM
Laura:

It's great to see someone making salted paper prints. This is the first and one of the best methods for making photographic prints. I can't help but think that there is a lot of ore to be mined with this process. I am working at using agar agar instead of albumen - results soon.

This looks good. I wish that I could see the real print in my hand.

Laura_Campbell
10-26-2008, 08:58 PM
Laura:

It's great to see someone making salted paper prints. This is the first and one of the best methods for making photographic prints. I can't help but think that there is a lot of ore to be mined with this process. I am working at using agar agar instead of albumen - results soon.

This looks good. I wish that I could see the real print in my hand.

Thanks Earl! I like the simplicity of the Salted Paper Process. I agree that Salted Paper deserves further exploration. I'm interested in seeing your results with the agar agar. Look forward to seeing those! -- Laura

scheimfluger_77
10-27-2008, 03:59 PM
Lovely indeed. It's quite restful yet provides plenty for the eye to wander over.

Laura_Campbell
10-28-2008, 11:52 PM
Lovely indeed. It's quite restful yet provides plenty for the eye to wander over.

Thank you!