PDA

View Full Version : FEEDBACK WANTED

Tom Persinger
02-22-2006, 10:25 PM
is anyone having problems since i moved the board?
(besides the avatar issue......)

is it safe to assume that since I haven't been getting a load of email that it's working fine....

ImageMaker
02-22-2006, 10:38 PM
Working fine for me, except for some posts and PMs vanishing (already covered on the Technical Questions thread). Haven't been over to DIY yet, get there soon... ;)

Daryl
02-22-2006, 10:43 PM
Making Progress!! :D
Woohoo!
Do it!
Semper Fi!

Carry on.

Andrew
02-23-2006, 03:25 AM
my avatar was there 6 hours ago and now it's gone...
a lot of other people's aren't showing up either
except Daryl's which is there but it isn't animating like the last time I remember seing it

also, on the DIY forum I've been demoted to a "guest user"...
can I go back to being a "baby member" instead, please ???

and another thing... I notice that both forums show a link for the other at the top of the page but even with combined membership when you check the members list you still have to log in and out to each forum seperately

bino
02-23-2006, 04:57 AM
Some replies and uploads I saw yesterday are lost

Tom Persinger
02-23-2006, 08:26 AM
avatars: known problem, working to resolve.
separate log in for each forum: i'm working to resolve this, but for now you use your username/password from the pinhole forum to access DIY but you need to log in separately. You should still be a baby member once you log-in.

we lost about 6 hours of posts, images and private messages when i moved everything.... sorry for the inconvenience.
thanks to all for your patience.
tp

blokeman
02-23-2006, 10:06 AM
...... all is fine from my end!

murray2
02-24-2006, 09:03 PM
I have been erased from existence as murrayatuptowngallery, or my password has mutated.

I now have a new personality (17th ? this year, lost count) as murray2, but I suppose if I can figure out how to get back to the mere shadow of my former self, I might as well.

Do we have two different Avatars for each forum...

...or can we?

"2"

Daryl
02-24-2006, 09:32 PM
You might try the "Forgot Password" feature.
That's how I got back in.

Andrew
02-24-2006, 11:35 PM
I have been erased from existence as murrayatuptowngallery, or my password has mutated.

I now have a new personality (17th ? this year, lost count) as murray2, but I suppose if I can figure out how to get back to the mere shadow of my former self, I might as well.

Do we have two different Avatars for each forum...

...or can we?

"2"

you're still in the list of active members murray... so, there must be a way to get back your original self rather than mutating into a schizoid multi-person

Andrew
02-24-2006, 11:38 PM
talking of the members list... there's now some very severe deviations from alphabetical order

stormy
02-25-2006, 11:48 AM
48 hours later - new password.... check. Lost posts.... oh well, nothing of great gravity. Avatar needed again... will have to take evasive action...

Tom Persinger
02-26-2006, 03:23 PM
i'll rebuild the member list... probably shoudl have done that...
stay tuned.

f295 Administrator
02-26-2006, 03:31 PM
ok... member list is rebuilt... anyone's problems fixed?

JoeVanCleave
02-26-2006, 03:41 PM
This morning I uploaded a new avatar. In my first attempt (I mistakenly was trying to use a .TIF format), a "spam"-like webpage opened up after I got onto the avatar settings page. This page opened up full-screen, but couldn't be closed without ctrl-alt-del and closing it through program manager.

When the avatar settings page first was opening, there was a note about a sponsor's page, and then this spam-like page opened.

Was this an intended advertisement strategy, or is it a bug?

f295 Administrator
02-26-2006, 03:51 PM
that sounds like a bug Joe, thanks.
i'll take a look... i was unaware of it's presence.
thanks for heads up.
tp

ImageMaker
02-26-2006, 07:46 PM
Everything has looked fine here since we came up from combining the member lists.

I think some advertisers are starting to slip popups into their mix again -- I've recently gotten some that were very hard to close recently (on a site intended at least partly for kids!) when I used a browser where I hadn't yet turned on the popup blocker, and heard my browser(s) alerting me on several other occasions that they've blocked a popup. They were almost gone for a while...

stormy
03-01-2006, 10:03 AM
My IE navigator buttons (back, forward) are not working, and only here on f295, and only since the recent transition.

Tom Persinger
03-01-2006, 10:12 AM
all the time? or are you using the old url f295.tompersinger.com ?

stormy
03-01-2006, 10:58 AM
During my entire visit to f295, yes. My browser shows an address of www.f295.org/Pinholeforum/forum....etc. Am I using the wrong one?

Tom Persinger
03-01-2006, 11:01 AM
ok. what version of IE, what OS, etc..
i just tried IE 6.0 on XP professional and it works fine....
i suggest using Firefox if only to eliminate popups and enable tabbed browsing.

stormy
03-01-2006, 11:03 AM
Windows XP, not sure which version of IE as I'm at work, but I imagine it's current as we just had an "upgrade" in the last two weeks.

Tom Persinger
03-01-2006, 11:10 AM
go to Help > About Internet Explorer
it will tell you the version of IE you're using.
Do you have this problem at home too?
anyone else having this issue?

ImageMaker
03-01-2006, 11:55 AM
I've seen SeaMonkey get stuck opening all links in new windows if I let Win98 run a little too long before restarting, but never heard of that kind of behavior from IE. Dead navigation buttons, however, certainly sounds like what I'd expect if each page was opening in a new window...

stormy
03-01-2006, 12:38 PM
Windows XP Professional, Version 5.1

Our version of IE is 6.0.

Sorry about the slow reply - got taken away.

Same thing happens at home as of last night.

ImageMaker
03-01-2006, 02:33 PM
Everything looks fine from here with Netscape 7.2 and Windows 98SE...

stormy
03-01-2006, 07:58 PM
Same thing happens at home as of last night.

I take that back - it works fine at home.

So it's just at my employer.

stormy
03-02-2006, 08:51 AM
Hey! The navigator buttons now function at my company workstation too... :)

I don't know what you did, but thanks. Cheers!

Tom Persinger
03-02-2006, 08:52 AM
im sorry to say i didnt do anything...
keep me posted.

earlj
03-04-2006, 08:24 AM
Tom:

I don't mind the RSS thread summary on the home page, but I do miss a button to take me directly to the forum homepage. I normally look at everything listed as new, and I prefer to choose from the master list, rather than starting out in a particular thread.

Also, I have yet to see Nick's slideshow. Every computer I try show's Bino's pictures with Nick's text, from every possible URL.

Thanks, you are doing a great job. How about committing to a date to publish book 1?

Peterpops
03-19-2006, 06:24 AM
Hope this is not too late to be of interest.
I don't have any problems with the site (other than self-inflicted ones). I like the new features and am using more of the site than previously
I use Firefox and XP Home
Peter

Tom Persinger
03-20-2006, 09:47 AM
great, thanks for your input!

cordeliaflyte
09-21-2008, 01:06 PM
Tom --

Love what you've done with the forums.

Unfortunately, they don't work very well on Safari for the Mac. Not a huge deal, since one can use Firefox or another browser, but I thought you should know.

When using Safari, clicking in the login field (or any field in which you type, I think) causes the page to refresh -- thus making it impossible to log in.

Thanks!
annie (aka Cordelia)

Tom Persinger
09-21-2008, 02:06 PM
Thanks Annie-
this is a known issue and we're actively working to solve it.... most of the discussion around the recent board upgrade/change is over here: http://f295.f295.org/uploads/Blah.pl?m-1220872255/

i'm closing this old thread...

thanks again!
tom