PDA

View Full Version : This is real FISH-EYE - but i don't know how

MauroBs
03-30-2010, 07:13 AM
Hi to all, it's very beautiful read your post because there is a lot of intresting ideas.
I'm here because it's some month that i want create the FISH-CAMERA.
It's a project that born when i see that my fishball project on the wall the picture of windows perfectly on focus. Here i think.. why i don't put film and use this fishball like Lens? The intresting think is that inside the ball there was my red fish that go around and can create some imprevedible shadow on the picture.
I think a lot how i can built its and i draw (very bad Draw) and start to built.
Now i have a little big problem.
How can i buid the shutter??? It's some days that i think about this and i don't find solution. I'll use a chassis with 4x5 film, but i think that i can't use the black door of chassis for shutter because it's too slow. I think a guillotine shutter but how can build it and set the shutter time? :-/ :o :-/ :B :B :B

Please help me if u have some time to spend.
Thanks a lot and sorry for my bad english ;) Attached files http://f295.f295.org/uploads/fisheye_3927.jpg (http://f295.f295.org/uploads/fisheye_3927.jpg)

renon
03-30-2010, 05:50 PM
An interesting project. Use low speed ortho film or photo paper as negative then you don't will have any problems with the shutter.

MauroBs
03-30-2010, 06:14 PM
Thanks, this is an intresting idea, but how can i calculate the exposition if i don't have shutter speed??
And, sorry, an other question, where i can buy on line ortho film?

Thanks a lot renon for your answer

Isis
03-31-2010, 03:45 AM
You can buy film at Freestyle online. But you will need a aperture (pinhole) diameter before calculating your shutter time, and that will depend on how far you put it from your film plane. Distance from film divided by the pinhole diameter = the aperture (i think)

MauroBs
03-31-2010, 06:10 AM
Thank Isis, but i don't have aperture value because i don't use pinhole or other aperture in this project because i must put inside water i think and close space around my fish. I think that the aperture is near to f 1 but ther is the rifraction of water that change value. I know that this it will cause a lot of flow effect and non incisive picture, but this isn't a problem.

Thank for the answer.

Isis
03-31-2010, 08:26 AM
Oh I get it, the glass bowl is the lens....clever

renon
03-31-2010, 05:13 PM
Mauro, I have two bowls sitting on the shelf since quite a while. For my "World through a bowl" project I plan to use a pinhole camera behind the bowl and no fish in the bowl (our fish are the children of my wife). So I have no problems with the exposure. In your project I thought you plan to use an aperture between the bowl and the negative. So you could easily enlarge the exposure times allowing manual exposure. You could use some very dense grayfilters as well. I would do first trials with a very basic equipment, using black paperboard and black tape for the camera.

MauroBs
04-07-2010, 10:08 AM
For my "World through a bowl" project I plan to use a pinhole camera behind the bowl and no fish in the bowl

wow renon this is very intresting project, i wait to see your result on your Flickr. Thanks for suggestion, when i have some time i wold like to built it.
Thanks.

P.s. ren-on i put you in my Flickr friend. Very compliments for your pinhole camera and picture.