PDA

View Full Version : idea

timeruinsbelief
03-09-2006, 08:13 PM
new immage with big-red... enjoy

Attached files http://f295.f295.org/uploads/idea_9735.jpg (http://f295.f295.org/uploads/idea_9735.jpg)

staft
03-09-2006, 11:02 PM
he's back! congratulations, trb. i just remodeled mine, too- it is a folder now. i'll post pictures.

Marv
03-10-2006, 12:55 AM
That is really neat.

The way the hand and bulb look so normal and everything else is, well, Abby Normal!

Great, really great!

staft
03-10-2006, 10:26 AM
That is really neat.

The way the hand and bulb look so normal and everything else is, well, Abby Normal!

Great, really great!

but abby normal IS scanner normal, marv- that is half the fun with these young frankensteins! this one does have a bit of the mad scientist quality to it- such a cool photo!- so you will be forgiven for the mel brooks obsession once you have posted a self-portrait in tails performing "puttin' on the ritz"...

so, timeruinsbelief, are you getting an image circle to cover the whole scanner bed. or cropping? i prefer your edge artifacts to mine...

timeruinsbelief
03-10-2006, 11:45 AM
well, the 5x7 view camera doesn't cover th whole scan surface and the light leaks flanking the picture are from not enough duct tape on the exposed parts of the scanner. i took off the view cameras lens... it was way too dark for interior shots, and replaced it with a glasses lens (+6). the apperature is about 1.5" wide thus the huge focus difference between objects a foot away from eachother, and the lens is ultra curved, which i love because the edges seem to get pretty distorted.

staft
03-10-2006, 06:21 PM
aha! that explains so much. and if you need a ND filter for outside, you can just flip down the sunglasses!

do you have any pictures of this thing you can show us?

timeruinsbelief
03-11-2006, 01:20 AM
no, sometime i guess i will borrow a friends digital camera and take a bunch of pics of these cameras... or mabey just get some more polaroid!

timeruinsbelief
03-11-2006, 07:18 PM
well so much for getting the scannin cam going again. damn scanner just stoped working today.

time to buy a THIRD DAMN SCANNER.