PDA

View Full Version : Olinda Monastery, Brazil

Ricardo de Oliveira
11-12-2014, 11:32 AM
Wild brush marks. The coffee came out too strong that morning:p.
Selenium toned Kalli over Canson Montval:

Ned.Lewis
11-12-2014, 11:33 AM
well done!

Ricardo de Oliveira
11-12-2014, 01:11 PM
well done!

thank you!

earlj
11-12-2014, 05:14 PM
I like it, though the brush marks on the left edge compete with the image a bit. I noticed that your cabbage cyanotype is masked off with a simple border, and no brush marks. Which do you prefer? I almost never use wild brush strokes. I like to mask off the edges to make sure that I have cleared the unexposed sensitizer out of the paper.

There are places where you can download different brushmark borders, but I have yet to try one.

Ricardo de Oliveira
11-12-2014, 06:53 PM
This negative is an A4 from some time ago. The new batch of A3 negs , from the 1430W, are all masked. My wife said is more neutral and elegant. And I agree. As usual.:rolleyes:

Ned.Lewis
11-12-2014, 11:28 PM
There are places where you can download different brushmark borders, but I have yet to try one.
Huh? That makes no sense to me, I'm missing something!
But it's interesting that you noticed the brush marks. What caught my eye and made me look again was the smooth way the image blends into the paper at the top and bottom.... I immediately wondered if there is a way I can do that....

I've been masking my borders but I don't try for perfection, they are "dirty" borders.

Edit: and for things like border style or subtle toning color differences I ask my 13 year old daughter, who seems to have better sense about these things than I do... and I usually agree with her too!