PDA

View Full Version : new, dirty process

timeruinsbelief
04-22-2006, 05:05 PM
well the camera that took the picture isn't very DIY, but the process is... so if you are like me and a huge fan of the dark, dirty, creepy look- this is for you.

it is basically using polaroid 667 to make a paper negative

shoot your polaroid
peel it, saving the negative.
without letting it dry or removing any of the chemicals (on the neg, feel free to cut off the goo on the paper) sandwich it between 2 thin clean panes of glass. they should be clean and free of lint and fingerprints as you will have to scan through it later!
apply pressure and let sit for 24 hours. mine sat in the scanner with an old laptop on top of it.

the chemicals will dry strangly due to the pressure and cause weird bubbles, swells, bends and other fun distortions

for example...
this was NOT manipulated in PS aside from inverting it and darkening it slightly.

enjoy! Attached files http://f295.f295.org/uploads/ken_cool_copy_147.jpg (http://f295.f295.org/uploads/ken_cool_copy_147.jpg)

staft
04-22-2006, 11:53 PM
i love it, especially the molten-lead look around the edges. this is the whole sandwich, correct? the neg and backing and glass? have you tried a transfer to glass? keep dragging us down this grungy wormhole, please!

gneissgirl
04-23-2006, 02:56 AM
"shoot your polaroid"
Is that like "kill your television"? ;)

Looks like someone used it for target practice!

Marv
04-23-2006, 11:18 AM
I think someone has to much time on his hands........

.........I'm glad you chose to spend it creating a new form of imagery.

This is pretty wild. Thanks.

timeruinsbelief
04-23-2006, 12:17 PM
staft- well the neg is the backing... after i scanned this it had hardened to the glass and i had to remove it with a razor blade!

ImageMaker
04-23-2006, 07:37 PM
Heh. Unique imagery -- negative destroyed after scanning. :)

staft
04-23-2006, 11:45 PM
i wonder what would happen with more positive pressure applied, like with a screw clamp? or oblique pressure (the sandwich weighted on an incline to encourage slippage)? dr. polaroidenstein?

timeruinsbelief
04-24-2006, 11:36 AM
IM- i shot this using slide film and transfered it with a daylab enlarger... so you could make as many polaroid negatives as you like and each one would be slightly different depending on time and pressure