PDA

View Full Version : Lillies of the Valley

ketch
05-15-2006, 10:47 PM
This is my first post on f295. I never thought much about pinhole photography until a friend told me about this site. The ART of no glass. I'm hooked! 4x5 Leonardo wide angle tri-x film exposed for 16 sec.

Attached files http://f295.f295.org/uploads/lillies2_6210.jpg (http://f295.f295.org/uploads/lillies2_6210.jpg)

Marv
05-15-2006, 11:47 PM
Great perspective Ketch. If you post over on the Pinhole Forum, you'll get more traffic for a great image. DIY is more for alternative lens and experimental imagery than straight pinhole.

Maybe Tom will see this and move it over for you.

Welcome aboard. You have a good start, let's see some more!

staft
05-15-2006, 11:47 PM
welcome, ketch! i can smell these beauties through my screen! and the way we enter at the soil, and follow the light (and dew) upward along those trees is great.

this forum (diy) is usually reserved for images taken through a lens. anything pinhole gets to go on the pinhole forum (follow the tabs at the top of the screen), where there are alot more viewers. they are gonna love this.

staft
05-15-2006, 11:48 PM
sorry marv- we posted almost simultaneously, but you won!

murrayatuptowngallery
05-16-2006, 12:00 AM
Oh no, here come the neighborhood!

They're all over my yard...I'm allowed to run some over with the lawnmower, and some I'm not.

I think he's got the 75mm Leo.

Andrew
05-16-2006, 12:19 AM
Oh no, here come the neighborhood!

Mu, did you mean "there goes the neighborhood!" ?

Hello Ketch... always nice to see a new face.

Consider the lilies of the field how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin; And yet I say unto you, that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these...
It's not likely that the biblical variety had a better tonal range or more aesthetic framing

moot
05-16-2006, 01:39 AM
Welcome to the menagerie, Ketch. I see you've taken the "get closer" advice to heart - nicely done.

Tom Persinger
05-16-2006, 04:00 PM
sadly, i can't move threads between the forums. i'll close this one.
move on over tothe pinhole forum ;)