PDA

View Full Version : slides or negs ?

loukas
11-21-2004, 03:32 PM
Has anyone got experience with 120-slide film for pinhole camera ? I did a test with a fuji 120 positive film and the result was a much sharper image than with negative film, also the colors are better which I expected but the exposure was very critical, almost overexposed. So I guess slides are better but more sensitive to perfect exposure? I scan everything into photoshop and only use unsharp-mask and some retouching but the prints from slide-film are really much much better. Maybe thats why there are also more expensive? Anyone got some knowledge about all this?

marinoel
11-26-2004, 02:41 PM
I use to use Provia 100 Iso and sometimes Velvia 50 Iso Those films are expensive because they are professionnally used but you can use Sensia which is "cheaper". It' normal that your result is better with slide than negs. Colours are more saturated but slides needs a perfect exposure. You had to use a lightmetter. Be carefull with long exposure to applied the schwarzchild coefficient. With some slides (often kodak) with the prolongations of times there are some deviation of colours. With Provia all is ok til 2 minutes of exposure.
Good shots !
marinoel