PDA

View Full Version : Marcy Merrill's camera mods

murrayatuptowngallery
01-07-2006, 02:29 AM
Check out the tripod legs at Marcy Merrill's site, at the very bottom of the page.

While you're there check out her transcendental pinhole cameras. I just realized how boring my projects are now.

http://www.merrillphoto.com/galacollection.htm

Andrew
01-07-2006, 06:14 AM
I just realized how boring my projects are now.

hang in there murray, so long as you're having fun nuthin' else matters...

and macrame went out of fashion years ago !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

luscher
01-07-2006, 09:17 AM
one imagines a trio of mannequin legs used in a portrait studio setting - but then again, Olan Mills is a family-oriented joint ...

found her pages while searching for pinhole links (she has the best Pintoid page !) and was also struck by the beaded cameras - how long do you suppose she spends gluing beads onto one of those things ?!?

so mu rray - has this inspired you, or just depressed you ?

staft
01-07-2006, 09:33 AM
i can see it now- f295 starts sporting photos of cameras made from flattened beer cans crocheted together. macrame cameras. tooled leather. woodburning. decoupage. bolo tie slide pinholes. computerized lightshow boxes. yarn painting. ice cameras. basketball cams. cameras-in-a-bottle, scrimshaw walrus tooth pinholes, chia pet cams.....aaaarrrrrrgh! no more espresso today!

luscher
01-07-2006, 11:53 AM
macramera (c) TM Reg. U.S. Pat. Off.

what about Chinese Take-Awa-oh, never mind.

Andrew
01-07-2006, 05:25 PM
cameras-in-a-bottle.....aaaarrrrrrgh! no more espresso today!

staft, have another double espresso then start in on a bottle of your favorite scotch and if you drink it quickly enough there WILL be a tiny pinhole at the bottom of the bottle.... same deal as tequila, I promise !!!

hey, do you think she'd do one in camo pattern for Daryl ???
"oak" pattern would look lovely!

;) ;) ;)

murrayatuptowngallery
01-09-2006, 02:14 AM
I think M-m-m-arcy has some camo cams. Daryl can do his own anyway. Then there's no certification paperwork etc required from the supplier.

I looked at veneer, but I also like to have a certain je ne sai, uh can you say 'ugly' factor.

The uglier my projects, the more satisfying are positive results. Also dumfounds people more when it's a junker.

My PVC well casing cam is coming along. I cannot believe how easy it was to paint the interior of a 62" long pipe with a straightened paint roller.

murrayatuptowngallery
01-09-2006, 02:15 AM
Oh yeah, Luscher, Juan Camerera (One camera-ra) sounds like an old Cuban tune.

stormy
01-10-2006, 10:44 PM
Now that's one creative person - with quite a bit of time on her hands, too.

The leggy tripod - suhweeeet!

And her pintoid images are incredible. Wow.

ImageMaker
01-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Stormy, the scary part is that she's a professional portrait photographer instead of having a real job. NOBODY should have it that good...

stormy
01-12-2006, 10:37 AM
Yea - it's not fair!

Maybe we can get the local authorities after her. They probably can't do much, except bog her down in a bit of red tape - which at least would give her a taste of the "real" world. Then she'll be a mere mortal like the rest of us.

Kidding, of course. kidding kidding kidding kidding kidding kidding.