PDA

View Full Version : Medalist converted to 120 + 220

murrayatuptowngallery
06-22-2007, 08:25 AM
http://www.rangefinderforum.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=6934

First four images. I'm thinking about whether to document the conversion...I don't think I ever want to do another one. Other than the fact that the spools fit now (120 feed, 620 takeup), there are no light leaks with 220...at least in the shade. I didn't anticipate any but I should try bright sun.

criminalhate
01-21-2008, 12:45 AM
I would be interested in seeing the conversion process or even just a flow chart of what you did I have a couple 620's that I wouldn't mind converting to use and knowing what you did would surely make my brain hurt less =)

Sorry for dragging up an old post

murrayatuptowngallery
01-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Old posts are fine - it shows someone's interested in them.

Someone besides me...

I'll PM you in a day. I have a deadline for something today.

Tom Persinger
01-22-2008, 08:28 AM
murray- i didnt know you were a closet rangefinder guy... id like to see the camera too!

murrayatuptowngallery
01-22-2008, 11:27 AM
I might secretly tell people where to look at pics. I got some Zen-like coaching from someone who does it for $ and didn't want to turn around & write a procedure...but he DID help me in a challenging way (hints, no instructions) because he was unhappy with someone else trying to patent the procedure.

2 Argus 3-C's and 1 C-3 Matchmatic plus the Med.

Both my 4x5 ones have broken RF's

earlj
01-23-2008, 09:08 AM
Do you feel that it is worth hacking your camera when it only takes a couple of minutes to re-spool a roll in the darkroom? With extra spools you can do several ahead of time and you are good to go.

And with 620 takeup, you still have to either get your spool back from the lab or re-spool before you take it in. I think that I will leave my camera alone and live with the inconvenience.

murrayatuptowngallery
01-23-2008, 09:24 AM
True, Earl.

The first three rolls I rewound were inside out or had someother exasperating defect.

I'm sure the technique can be learned...I got frustrated.

murrayatuptowngallery
01-23-2008, 05:04 PM
PM sent

murrayatuptowngallery
01-25-2008, 01:38 PM
I mentioned to someone privately that Rick Oleson had a Kodak Monitor folder conversion instruction

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-67.html