PDA

View Full Version : Dawnsuburtzur

Daryl
07-13-2007, 10:40 PM
The Great Benefactor.

This is a constellation in the Etrushkanian night sky.
The story is that he carried the golden orb as he road in on a Sarnlog.
He gave fire, agriculture, animal husbandry, the alphabet, a calendar and the rule of accountable civilization to the Etrushkani.

The story goes that Darsuburtzur stayed for only 20 years, took no wife, and admonished those that wanted to make him a deity because of his benevolence. There is an account that during a teaching assembly he cut himself to prove that he was of blood and any nobility belongs to everyone.

There must be a lot of truth to the story because the history of Etrushkanian civilization appears to have had a jump from barbarism straight into a golden age. There is no evidence of any previous attempts at an alphabet what they have always has been, all the way back to the calendar year 1 of the Great Benefactor.

Too bad I was in a hurry to get out of there. The Queen had me on special assignments.

I should have traded something for a few of their books.

Attached files http://f295.f295.org/uploads/2tau1mu_9618.jpg (http://f295.f295.org/uploads/2tau1mu_9618.jpg)

Marv
07-13-2007, 11:36 PM
Maybe some day we can start a story thread. 1 imageand story to start, 1 image and story continuation from each respondent. ;) ;)

I think it could be fun.

Neat story and image. If we aren't careful we may be mistaken for a group of folks that have......talent......now that is a scary story!

bastress
08-21-2007, 07:17 PM
along with 'Comet', i like these both very much. the softness, grain, implied movement, and the basic shapes all work together to make something very cosmic and primordial for me. when i was a little kid (ok, i still do this) i loved gently pressing my hands over my eyes, and after a few minutes, would watch what i saw "on the screen of my eyelids". these photos remind me of those fleeting images.

Longbow3
08-22-2007, 06:52 AM
Etrushkan, I think I passed by once, I didn't stop, it looked like a backward planet from where I was, but what do I know. I really missed out I guess. At the speed of light everything takes on a particular color and time shift and it's sometimes hard to tell how things really are. I'm glad you had time to show us the night sky. Good luck in you travels. As said here on Earth by the great Mork. " Nanu Nanu." ( if they really new what that meant, I don't think they would be saying it in public)

callum moffat
08-22-2007, 08:48 AM
DARYL MY FRIEND.......I'LL HAVE A PINT OF WHAT YOU'RE DRINKING :P