PDA

View Full Version : Google Ads- keep or remove?

f295 Administrator
02-24-2005, 09:44 AM
what say you? shall we keep the banner from google at the top? is it completely offensive? mildly interesting? i thought it might be interesting to try it and see what's going on out there in the commercial world..... thoughts? I consider this our forum, so if everyone hates it/likes it then the administrator will *most likely* abide by that decision ;)

enjoy!
tom

taco
02-24-2005, 03:08 PM
Compromis proposal: keep the banner for visitors, but once a member has logged in, make it unvisible
taco

ImageMaker
02-24-2005, 06:29 PM
Google ads don't bother me, and if they generate some income to help keep f295 running, that's a good thing.

taco
02-24-2005, 06:59 PM
Google ads don't bother me, and if they generate some income to help keep f295 running, that's a good thing.
That depends of HOW MUCH income does that generate. If it's for 20 bucks a year, I'm willing to pay that from my own pocket to get rid of it. It really nerves me :'(
taco

Nick
02-25-2005, 06:21 AM
I bet for any help to our forum - as I cann't any ability to send a donate - I agree that this banner is here.

Taco - if you so hate this one, give me 20 bucks - and I'll came to your house to your monitor and glue the paper strip on the bottom of the monitor - to hide this ads.:)

Good luck all.

John Bartley
02-25-2005, 08:04 AM
They don't offend me at all. In fact I've see them so much that I don't even see them anymore.

Just my $0.02

cheers

suttonjp
02-25-2005, 10:52 AM
Same here. I actually had to scroll to the top of the screen to look for the banner. I think it's fine. If it were a pop-up, or one of those floating ads, I'd object. No problem with a small unobtrusivie banner.

taco
02-25-2005, 04:17 PM
I bet for any help to our forum - as I cann't any ability to send a donate - I agree that this banner is here.

Taco - if you so hate this one, give me 20 bucks - and I'll came to your house to your monitor and glue the paper strip on the bottom of the monitor - to hide this ads.:)

Good luck all.
No need for travel expenses from St. Petersburg to Belgium (or you claim to be a journalist and can come free of charge with the next trip of Poetin ;D)
Just send me the construction plans for a paper strip of 12 x 40 cm and I will try to build it myself ;D
taco

Tom Miller
02-26-2005, 01:21 AM
Sometimes I feel like Mr. Naive; I never even knew there were Goooogle ads on this forum. *Maybe it comes from a concerted effort as a youngster to completely ignore ads on newspaper pages. *More likely, I'll see the Goooogle ads now...

kai
02-26-2005, 07:27 AM
If the Google-ads are not a "must-be", I would
leave them away. (Who clicks on these links??)

This space might be better used for thumbnails of
pinhole-pictures, one from each category for instance,
or a weekly announcement or a monthly linkage to
a member-pinhole-website or or or...

regards kai

taco
02-26-2005, 11:38 AM
If the Google-ads are not a "must-be", I would leave them away. (Who clicks on these links??)
regards kai
I did, and with one exception (Renner) they have nothing to do with our pinholing
taco

Elvis
03-01-2005, 01:25 PM
Never noticed the google ads.
No problem to me, leave it where it is.

Elvis

dokola
03-09-2005, 10:38 AM
Why no? When the it help good things...

dokola
03-11-2005, 12:55 PM
When I'm on computer, where I don't have in favourite "F295" so I use Google. I will write "F295" and promptly I'm here.

Willscraig
01-20-2006, 07:26 AM
I use Mozilla as my browser and my adblocker does'nt show them anyhow so keep them it makes revenue and i don't seee them.

taco
01-20-2006, 02:45 PM

Good luck all.
Nick,
If you are coming on your trip from Amsterdam to Paris, don't forget the paper strip ;D

Peterpops
01-31-2006, 05:07 AM

I agree with Imagemaker and Taco. If the ads help the group to keep going, let's have them.