Thread: Zone Plate, Polaroid, Portrait

Zone Plate, Polaroid, Portrait

Here we are with another portrait....
    "Thirty One" was taken using a Zero45 camera. Exposure using the zone plate was about 2 seconds. The print was developed for 1 minute. I used Polaroid Type 669 film.
    Hope you enjoy the image. I look forward to hearing your feedback on this one. -- Laura

Nice work.

You are setting a high standard Laura. This is a wonderful and expressive portrait. I'm sure the sitter is delighted with the result. As ever, the key is in the lighting and you seem to have got it just right here. I can't offer any suggestions for improvements (that's not really what I like to do anyway). All I can do is sit back and admire.

Mark

Mark, thank you for your kind words. I really like this one too. The shoot just seemed to flow from the very first shot. I love making portraits with the zone plate. The results are always cause for celebration. Thank you for viewing the photograph and for your thoughtful reply. -- Laura

Quote Originally Posted by fago
    Nice work.
    Thank you! I'm glad you like the image.

There's an intruiging tension between the warm-tone soft focus "nudenes", and the intensity of the crossed arms, direct gaze, and sharp elbows. Seems to suggest an interesting complexity of personality in the portrait.

Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    There's an intruiging tension between the warm-tone soft focus "nudenes", and the intensity of the crossed arms, direct gaze, and sharp elbows. Seems to suggest an interesting complexity of personality in the portrait.

Very nice.
    Thank you, Chris!

very expressive work.

Quote Originally Posted by sikandar
    very expressive work.
    Thank you! ;D