Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Polaroid and Zone Plate

Polaroid and Zone Plate

Thank you, Chris! Your zone plate images are exquisite!

Polaroid and Zone Plate

This is great Laura, really mysterious and haunting - in the sense that it stays with you. I love the mono version without the complication of the albeit muted colours. Some portraits are almost intravenous in their effect and this is one of those - it is engaging and gets inside you without you really knowing why. If I were to alter anything, I personally would have cropped out or burned in the tiny white triangle of light in the far lower left corner. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Mark

Polaroid and Zone Plate

Hi Mark,
    Thank you for your kind words. Perhaps the colors do detract from the intravenous (I love your choice of words!) effect. When I first saw this print, I wanted to throw it away so it could never be seen again. As a self portrait, the image startled me a little . I still haven't quite put my finger on why. I agree that I should eliminate the triangle of light in the lower left corner. When I pulled the print from my Polaroid back, the developer skipped the corner and left behind that shapely souvenir.
    Thanks again for the insightful feedback. -- Laura

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12