Thread: Brownie Hawkeye conversion

Brownie Hawkeye conversion

.I am trying to find the proper place to ask the question..How to change my Kodak Brownie Hawkeye to pinhole..I did know a couple years ago, but now can't quite figure out what to remove and where to put my brass pinhole...if anyone could point me in the right direction I would so appreciate it! I made one and sent it off to Scotland to a firend and now can't repeat the process..HELP!

I've never seen the inside of a Brownie, but I think there is no big difference to other box cams.

Here is a convertion of a Bilora Box
    http://www.aphog.de/index.php?option=com_alphacontent&section=16&cat=7 9&task=view&id=22&Itemid=156

Hope it helps.
    Thomas

Kind of all the same, but all kind of different!

Basically you need to figure out what you have to remove to have a clear view from the front, then decide as you progress, what you can remove carefully, what you can salvage, and what you have to destroy if you can't remove it neatly.

Some cameras have screws, some have rivets, some have shutters that can be reused, some have lenses that can't be removed easily.

Not a Brownie, but I started a Pho-Tak Traveler 120 conversion, and everything was removable with a screwdriver except the steel ring crimped or rolled over the front, keeping the lens in position.

I nearly broke it, then decided to scrape the offending steel ring on the cement driveway at home....I 'ground' through the steel until I had separated the ring into an inner and outer 'layer' and was able to pry the outer one off and take out the lens.

I am not sure there is a large enough opening to illuminate the 6x9 cm curved film 'plane', something all conversions need attention to. I put it back together as it's for my daughter to do when she's not so busy (I was just making sure it would be a relatively obstacle-free conversion). I told her maybe it was better to leave some thigns to chance so she could decide if she liked it with 'tunnel-vision' or not.

Murray