Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: hi everyone... new guy has question

hi everyone... new guy has question

keep in mind that you will have intrinsically higher contast with short focal length wide angle pinhole cameras, as compared to longer focal length narrow angle of view cameras, simply because of the light falloff at the edges and corners of the wide angle camera
    it's more to do with as the light travels further it becomes less intense, vignetting would more rightly result from something blocking the light
    please tell me: considering both quotes, if indeed longer focal lenght induces lower contrast (which I tend to believe indeed), there should be no contrast difference between the centre and the edge of the film, no? Can you explain this to me?

hi everyone... new guy has question

Quote Originally Posted by 1990

please tell me: considering both quotes, if indeed longer focal lenght induces lower contrast (which I tend to believe indeed), there should be no contrast difference between the centre and the edge of the film, no? Can you explain this to me?
    yanngue, your question makes no sense

get past this obsession with contrast, get the exposure right and then later worry about contrast

or, are you confusing contrast with exposure/tone/darkening of light sensitive material?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234