Thread: polaroid studio express back camera

polaroid studio express back camera

After my first polaroid project - 6x4,5cm frame size camera i wanted to build something bigger. I found cheap polaroid express back. I noticed, that pictures taken on original Polaroid paper as pinhole are blue-probably because of UV light. In my new camera i added 52 mm filter cocket taken from Cokin filter system. Plates are interchangeable- on the pictures is shown zone plate - pinhole plate can be used as well- around the hole in the wooden box i mounted 3 very small, but strong magnets taken from old wallet. To keep pinhole/zone plate in center around are glued 3 pieces of rubber rings. I'll first samples soon.
    Cezary Attached files

Sorry- there is 4 rubber halves of rings. Below first samples- ZP (11 zones), Fuji FP 100 c. Exposure time 1-3 s. Paper is silk finished and hard to scan.
    Cezary Attached files

Very painterly-like image; I like it a lot.

~Joe

500+ Posts

Agree with Joe -- and imo very painterly looking camera. The material and its color resembles the palette...

Many thanks

Nice job. I also noticed that that Fuji SILK instant film has a matrix of dots on top that show up in scans. The gloss version of Fuji instant doesn't have that problem and seems to give less of a blue cast.