Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pinhole source

Pinhole source

perfect -- at that price supergluing isn't an issue (they're practically disposable at that price) -- still, I don't regret buying from Lenox: at least at the site Chris posted there is no 200 micron size offered, and that's what I needed/wanted for ~30mm FL. next camera though, will definitely buy from them.

Pinhole source

Someone on this list had some 200 micron (0.2 mm) grids once though I never found any. For my silver tin cameras I use a commercial hole punch to make a 1/8th inch hole in the side of the tin. I then use a 1/16 inch Fiskars hole punch and punch a 1/4 inch square of silver slide masking tape. This goes over the EM aperture. Then I use a 1 inch square of black tape to go over the other side. The silver side lines up with hole in the tin and makes it look pretty. I do the work on a light table with extra powerful reading glasses on. I sight down the hole of the tape and align it with the light coming through the pinhole. Reading glasses are additive. You can use two together to make them more powerful.

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
    Blog Entries

Pinhole source

There is another source with more sizes. They include all the parts made by EMS, plus some of their own. The catalog is here:
    http://www.2spi.com/catalog/grids/aprtgrds.shtml

Pinhole source

thanks earl! it's bookmarked for future reference ... and now i have buyer's remorse as that site does have 200 micron sized apertures. Gah! Nothing like paying the same price to get one, when I could have gotten 100 and given 50 of them away!

Pinhole source

I've bought from the site Earl links to, and they work quite well.

Pinhole source

SPI offers similar electron microscope apertures as EMS. The quality of these apertures is very good. Sometimes when I need a few apertures with exactely the same hole dimension I use them. The small 3 mm discs are delicate to mount, but this can be handled (same procedure as for the EMS apertures). The only drawback for people living outside of US are the very high shipping costs, to Europe 70$ as lowest choice.

Pinhole source

Ahh Brilliant! Thank you guys so much!

Pinhole source

Quote Originally Posted by 904
    SPI offers similar electron microscope apertures as EMS. The quality of these apertures is very good. Sometimes when I need a few apertures with exactely the same hole dimension I use them. The small 3 mm discs are delicate to mount, but this can be handled (same procedure as for the EMS apertures). The only drawback for people living outside of US are the very high shipping costs, to Europe 70$ as lowest choice.
    I looked for a European supplier, but I couldn't find anything.
    Has there ever been a coordinated f295 effort to get a shipment to Europe so delivery costs can be shared?

-peter

Pinhole source

Quote Originally Posted by 2033
    I looked for a European supplier, but I couldn't find anything.
    Has there ever been a coordinated f295 effort to get a shipment to Europe so delivery costs can be shared?

-peter

By coincident I rang the Australian supplies of SPI today, although I'm yet to hear back. Let you know, cannot be that dear to sent to Europe by post.

Pinhole source

I could not find any European supplier for electron microscope apertures so far. If you need only a few very good quality pinholes I can recommend this German shop: pinhole-shop. But the best way to have an unlimited number of cheap pinholes is to learn how to make good pinholes yourself. After a learning process it is easier than you think and a lot of fun. There are several methods to do it. You can find a lot of information in this forum.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast