Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pinhole source

Pinhole source

Quote Originally Posted by 904
    But the best way to have an unlimited number of cheap pinholes is to learn how to make good pinholes yourself. After a learning process it is easier than you think and a lot of fun. There are several methods to do it. You can find a lot of information in this forum.
    That's of course very true - it's more satisfying to make them yourself! But still...

I have been experimenting with a needle and tin can metal up to now. I was looking for small drills, but 0,3 mm seems to be about the thinnest I see in (web)shops. Anyway, like you said, there are an infinite number of methods to try left.

-peter

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
    Blog Entries

Pinhole source

Quote Originally Posted by 2033
    I looked for a European supplier, but I couldn't find anything.
    Has there ever been a coordinated f295 effort to get a shipment to Europe so delivery costs can be shared?

-peter

Peter:

I have organized three different group purchases of ems/spi apertures. In each instance, I purchased six or seven apertures sizes. I then divided each vial of 100 evenly into six or seven tiny ziplock bags. Each bag contains sixteen or seventeen aperture. I stapled the tiny ziplock bags to a standard letter and mailed the letter with first class postage. I have sent apertures to several European f295 people in this way, and the postage is only $.90 US. When all was said and done, each participant in the group buy received 100 apertures of assorted sizes for around $25 US.

I would be willing to act as the distributor for another group purchase for f295 persons living outside the US. SPI has a pretty complete set of useful diameters for pinhole photographers. To make it simple, I would like to propose that each participant gets the same set - an equal number of apertures of various sizes. For example: if I had six participants, each person would get about seventeen each of .150, .200, .300, .400, .500, and .600 mm apertures. The cost would be $25 to $30 US.

Is anyone interested?

Pinhole source

Quote Originally Posted by 560

Peter:
    . For example: if I had six participants, each person would get about seventeen each of .150, .200, .300, .400, .500, and .600 mm apertures. The cost would be $25 to $30 US.

Is anyone interested?
    I am!

Pinhole source

Im in too.

Blog Entries

Pinhole source

glebotr, Isis, bino, and I think that I should reserve a spot for Peter (durian) - two more takers and I put in the order. I want to limit this appeal to f295-ers outside of North America, but if we don't get enough, I am sure that we can find some Americans who want a share.

Pinhole source

That is wonderful and very helpful!
    Thank you very much!

I`m in too!

Bino

Pinhole source

glebotr, Isis, bino, and I think that I should reserve a spot for Peter (durian) - two more takers and I put in the order. I want to limit this appeal to f295-ers outside of North America, but if we don't get enough, I am sure that we can find some Americans who want a share.
    Earl, I'm also interested, but only in the midsized one's between 0,15 till 0,4 mm. Would that be possible ?

Blog Entries

Pinhole source

I received a pm from a US resident interested in a share. With taco's interest, that gives me enough to proceed. I will try to verify that durian wants to go ahead. I will assume that we have enough for a go, so I will declare the invitation closed. I will send each of you a private message.

Pinhole source

I received a pm from a US resident interested in a share. With taco's interest, that gives me enough to proceed. I will try to verify that durian wants to go ahead. I will assume that we have enough for a go, so I will declare the invitation closed. I will send each of you a private message.
    Your bloods worth bottling Earl, thanks a lot.

Pinhole source

Is anyone interested?
    Yes! I would be!
    -peter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast