Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Old Brownstone (my WPPD 2009 Submission)

The Old Brownstone (my WPPD 2009 Submission)

Hi Everyone,

Here's an 800 pixel-tall version of the image I submitted on the World Pinhole Day 2009 site...

Ten second exposure at f/138 using Fuji Pro160s color film, and post-processed as b/w. Recorded on World Pinhole Photography Day, 2009 (April 26) in Baltimore, Maryland using a Zero Image 4x5 pinhole camera. Note the building reflection in the largest window of the building.

Have a nice Sunday,
    Scott
    www.scottspeck.com

Scott, this is really one of your greatest pictures. Absolutely stunning. Every picture you post I think you reached now the limit. But every new one shows a higher limit. I'm very impressed about your achitecture and portrait work done with the ZeroImage 4x5. I'm still exploring different techniques and cameras. You found already your way to express your imaginations.

another gem, scott. There's so many things to like about this one. The tones, the detail, the exposure, the overall technique and mastery that went into producing it, etc. But, the capstone is the composition, of course. The way the bare tree reaches up into the only bit of sky, out of what seems to be a canyon. The reflection in the window. All the fine architectural details. But, for me, the best is the contrast between the main door in the center of the frame and the ominous, almost hidden door at the bottom left corner. Am I going in there and stealing a glance at the upper door as I descend? Or am I coming out of there? Or am I lurking in the shadows, watching, waiting for ...? Its a fine half-detail that adds layers of questions to the image.

I JUST LOVE IT

Stunning indeed Scott, perfect in every way!

Talk about a spectacular piece of work...

Thanks, all of you! I really do think that I've "found my vision" with the ultrawide 4x5 pinhole format. It feels right to me, and intuitive in how to compose with it.

Scott

so good..

Yes indeed... you've been one of my pinhole heros too.

500+ Posts

Hi, Scott, I have simply stopped commenting your photos since I do not want to repeat the same words again and again :-)
    Generally said, I greatly admire your work, it is very inspirative and pleasing, both aestethically and technically. I think you could publish a book of your pinhole photographs...

With regards,

Martin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast