Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wave

Wave

I had a great time on a lonely and wild beach in Wales. Some two or three weeks ago. The sea is such an inspiring place and this photo sums up the atmosphere of the place.

Paper negative, 4x5 45mm MDF Chilli camera. Attached files

Wave

Wave....I get it....

Nice to see something different than the obligatory rocks, seductive as they may be. Pretty nice Mark.

Wave

Beautiful presentation Mark, a fabulous picture.
    Whilst I the title has humour, I notice the filename is 'departure'. I find it interesting how something so seemingly insignificant can deviate ones thoughts when viewing the picture.

Maybe not so insignificant after all?

Wave

If I ever get involved with a print exchange, I want this one. What a great image

Wave

A great piece of art.

Wave

Mark,

I like this one very much. As I said elsewheres, the seashore is a therapeutic place for me. I find inspiration whenever I go there (and also in your images, as well).

rt

Wave

Quote Originally Posted by 1563
    Beautiful presentation Mark, a fabulous picture.
    Whilst I the title has humour, I notice the filename is 'departure'. I find it interesting how something so seemingly insignificant can deviate ones thoughts when viewing the picture.

Maybe not so insignificant after all?
    Thanks Tony. It is interesting that you spotted this. I played around with ideas for a title for some time and, like you, I think that this can change the interpretation significantly. In the end I went for "Wave" because of its ambiguity rather than for humour (though you are the second person to see humour in this.) I also wrote four short lines of poetry to go with this which I should perhaps have posted too.

Wave

There is departing
    in all these comings,
    and going is so much more
    start than stop.

Thanks to everyone for their comments too.

Wave

Wonderful image you have conceived here Mark.
    You're work is always thought provoking.

Wave

Beautiful. The disembodied hand is both disturbing and absurd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast