Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Bonus' shot

'Bonus' shot

A little bonus shot from another set I was testing out for placement of pieces and ended up with this shot. Zero image Pinhole. Ilford Pan-F Stand developed in Rodinal 1-100 60 mins.

Attached files

'Bonus' shot

Closed (the room) and open (in the mirror) space in the same frame. I like the idea.
    Interesting photo.

'Bonus' shot

Awesome, Graeme! This is simultaneously conceptual and yet highly realistic, with a gritty street-photography realism. It doesn't stand on the crutch of being pinhole-like; it could have been created using almost any photographic tool. Great job, I'm envious.

~Joe

'Bonus' shot

An excellent picture with a special composition on a great, very realistic set-up. You really found your own creative way.

'Bonus' shot

Brilliant, make a great book cover.

'Bonus' shot

Yet another excellent picture Graeme!

'Bonus' shot

This is good - it has a sense of mstery & suspense to it.
    Maybe you would share with us what you use for the floor & walls, is the set in miniature?

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
    Blog Entries

'Bonus' shot

Cinematic shot - I want to know what happens next!

'Bonus' shot

The mysterious gentleman reminds me of the guy that appears in some of Martha Casanave's pinhole photos.
    This is a great composition with lots of appeal!

'Bonus' shot

Thanks as always for your encouraging comments.
    I have included a shot of this set up here. The backgrounds (walls) are made of foam board with inkjet printed dolls house wallpaper designs on them The toilet is made out of polymer clay. The floor is a thin sheet of rusted steel re-cycled from another animation I finished about a year ago. Every thing is then grunged up with various ageing recipes similar to the 'shell scene'. The set isn't finished yet and will be another of these slightly surreal juxtapositioning of elements, but I was just checking it out to see what it looked like through the pinhole camera and I thought I would just add one of my small figures to see what the effect was, so a 'happy accident' really (and maybe it will be better then what I have in mind).
    I do like doing this sort of thing and looking back at my previous photographic work of 10 years ago (I recently returned after a bit of a gap) I find that I was trying ideas like this then.
    I have plans for a series of these 'Dioramas' and not all of them will be inside 'rooms'. making images like this and also the stilllifes I find very therapeutic as well as being creatively challenging.

If anyone is interested in looking at other scene production pictures and they have a flickr account send me an email and I'll add you as a friend so you can see the set. Will be away for a little while as we have a recent family bereavement.

Graeme
    Attached files

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast