Thread: Plaza de la Virgen (Valencia)

Plaza de la Virgen (Valencia)

The Plaza de la Virgen was the old center of the town. The most people take a picture of the fountain and the plaza with the Catedral in the background. I made it the opposite way. The Catedral was behind me.

P-Sharan STD-35, film base 0.16 mm pinhole, 20 mm focal length, Kodak Portra 400WB @ 200 ASA, developed in Tetenal Colortec C-41 Attached files

This is a lesson in taking a picture of something largely uninteresting & ending up with a fabulous picture.
    Your skill is apparent with cropping, composition & presentation.
    The panoramic format works well & the inclusion of the umbrellas (for example) to the left is perfect.

Well done.

I completely agree with Tony! Great stuff!

Many thanks for your kind comments. I appreciate your feedback very much.

Luckily it was raining shortly before I took the picture. During the exposure some people passed by close to the camera. So I had to stop the exposure and complete it a few seconds later.

excellent! street scenes are near to my heart. tony's comment hit the nail on the head for me, especially regards to the framing with the umbrellas.

I had really lucky circumstances. Sunny 16 weather is usually not the most interesting one. I prefer wind, rain, clouds etc.