Thread: Vermeer 612 Test Roll

Vermeer 612 Test Roll

Over the past few weeks, I've been trying to work my way through the various cameras I've accumulated of late. Here are five out of the six shots from the first roll through one of Cezary's 6x12 ultrawide cameras. The light fall-off was pretty dramatic, but I still liked the results. (It will be interesting to see how it works in brighter light and with different film.)

The pictures are of (what else?) snow. I only trudged as far as the field below my house (and not even as far as the old bridge). The film was Kodak BW400CN. Cropped, adjusted, and lightly toned in Photoshop.

Here's the first: Attached files

Vermeer 612 Test Roll

The second:

Attached files

Vermeer 612 Test Roll

The third:

Attached files

Vermeer 612 Test Roll

The fourth:
    Attached files

Vermeer 612 Test Roll

And the fifth:

Attached files

Vermeer 612 Test Roll

On the whole I prefer your other set,maybe they would look different if they were toned?, but even so image 5 is my favourite

Vermeer 612 Test Roll

As you say Dave the light fall off is fairly dramatic. I find it a little odd that the vignetting is not always symmetrical - assuming you didn't crop the negative.
    All said & done, you still get interesting results & the second of these is my favourite (with a snip off the left hand side maybe to make the vignette symmetrical)

Vermeer 612 Test Roll

Nice pictures, my favourite is #5. A little bit more crop on both sides would improve the picture. What is the focal length? My first Holga 6x12 had a similar light fall-off, caused by vignetting and an asymmetric assembly of the pinhole in the camera body. Like Tony I'm not so in favour of asymmetric vignetting. I would adjust the position of the pinhole and I would check from where the vignetting is coming from. This is what I would do, but if you are happy with it, have fun with the camera as it is.

Vermeer 612 Test Roll

Pretty. I like #s 2 and 4 best. How fortunate you are to have this scenery behind your house!

Vermeer 612 Test Roll

I really like #4, the sense of mystery and suspense is strong... thanks for posting!