Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inch Abbey

Inch Abbey

Hi All,
    I've been real busy lately and haven't had much time to pinhole. However, a week ago I went to a place called Inch Abbey. The site was originally an island (Irish for island is 'Inis'). It's 12th-13th century Gothic and was built by John de Courcy in repentance for having previously destroyed another Abbey 3miles south of this one. I used Fuji Quickload 160ASA 5x4 film and a Rigby pinhole camera. Attached files

Inch Abbey

pic no2

Attached files

Inch Abbey

pic no3

Attached files

Inch Abbey

pic no4

Attached files

Inch Abbey

Great images that really work in colour! Everything has been so well handled - beautiful soft lighting, the wide angle focal length [with its associated vignetting] and excellent composition. As a series they are stunning - particularly No.3. The framing of the tree between the two crumbling walls reinforces the feeling of age and decay!

You have the material for a powerful triptych - certainly worthy of framing.

Regards,

Lawrie.

Inch Abbey

A great series of pictures. The colour version works well. But looking at the scenery I think it would be ideal for IR pictures. Sorry, I could not resist to convert one of your pictures digitally in an IR version. John, I hope you don't mind.

Attached files

Inch Abbey

#3....a masterful composition that breaks from the more traditional and documentary shots you so often see. Great batch of images!

Inch Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by 2428
    Great images that really work in colour! Everything has been so well handled - beautiful soft lighting, the wide angle focal length [with its associated vignetting] and excellent composition. As a series they are stunning - particularly No.3. The framing of the tree between the two crumbling walls reinforces the feeling of age and decay!

You have the material for a powerful triptych - certainly worthy of framing.

Regards,

Lawrie.
    +1.

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
    Blog Entries

Inch Abbey

John: the third one works for me in so many ways - interesting division of the picture plane, negative space, chiaroscuro, color. One of my recent favorites.

Inch Abbey

Doc for some reason I like the balance and mood in the first picture. I have always felt Fuji film was made for the color green. Very nice pictures.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast