Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Henry's First WPPD

Henry's First WPPD

My son Henry (age eight) tagged along with me for WPPD and exposed his own roll of film, his first attempt at pinhole photography. He's taken some pictures before with a little digital camera I got him for his sixth birthday (the lad has even won some blue ribbons at the local Buckwheat Festival). I gave him a Holgamod 120 camera to try, since it has a viewfinder for framing and a cable-release to make exposures easier. Apart from taking meter readings and calculating exposure times for him, he it all himself, which allowed me to take my own pictures.

I must say that I'm proud and pleased with the results of his first pinhole efforts. Indeed, I'm even tempted to pass off one or two as my own.

Here are a few from the roll. Film was Fuji NPC160. The first is the one he posted to the WPPD site (it should be there fairly soon, depending on how long review takes).
    Attached files

Henry's First WPPD

And another:

Attached files

Henry's First WPPD

Another Henry-pic:

Attached files

Henry's First WPPD

And one more:

Attached files

Henry's First WPPD

I recognize your bridge....

The last one is outstanding with the mist in the hills. I would be proud to have put together such a tight composition. Tell Henry he did good, very good!

Henry's First WPPD

Congrats Henry, very nice work. I hope to see more from you.

Sincerely,
    Henry

ps. I like your name.....

Henry's First WPPD

Henry these are really excellent photos. Hope you keep this up as an avocation and post some more on here.
    Mike

Henry's First WPPD

DRC, you and Henry can be proud!

Nice shots, great images and lovely depth of tone.
    The third one (5917) especially pleases me, it has a beautiful feeling of "being at ease" caught in the picture..

I am not into biology so if the talent was inherited I can't tell, but the eye for images is there !

Thanks for sharing, both of you!

Danny

Henry's First WPPD

They are all fantastic and I love the third one; a good reason to be proud, 8 eh! get ready a 4x5 it’s coming!

500+ Posts

Henry's First WPPD

Reminds me illustrations in a book I used to have as a child... thez were pastels or so... very painterly look, nice, soft.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast