Thread: Out shooting in Alviso and the Marsh again

Out shooting in Alviso and the Marsh again

I have picked my 4x5 up again and have spent several evenings down in Alviso and the marsh at the bottom of the SF Bay.

All shot on Polaroid type 79. Using the smallest zoneplate setting on the ZeroImage45 camera.
    Attached files

Nice!! I love the wetlands around there, and you've really caught some great light and colors.
    The boardwalk - #2 - is my favorite...

Dave

Very nice. I especially like boardwaltktonothing; it's a wonderful "disconnect". Kind of like the "Borg" version of a seascape.....just not quite assimilated.

A nice series, the second one is excellent, my favourite too.

Really nice series, Erin! I especially like the first two.

Thanks everyone. I am working to flesh out the landscape series with some more images that show some of the town and some of the deterioration to contrast the beautiful landscapes. Still have some more to shoot before I think I am done.

The faded colours in the second image help to make a charming scene.
    Not so sure about the others, sorry.
    Soft images need some strong deatail, good shapes or something near the camera.
    But that's just my opinion.
    I am interested to see the town in detail. That will complement the landscapes well.

Quote Originally Posted by 1776
    I am working to flesh out the landscape series with some more images that show some of the town and some of the deterioration to contrast the beautiful landscapes.
    Are there still some concrete boats languishing in the yards there?
    I imagine they'd make some good subjects, albeit very different from your almost lyrical, soft landscapes.

Alviso is still a lovely little town, and the residents have worked hard to maintain their separation from San Jose encroachment.
    Hopefully, some of the millions just promised for rehabilitating the Bay and wetlands will find their way there!

Dave

Actually a lot has been done to rehabilitate the wetlands. Many of the areas that I used to stay away from are now lovely marsh ponds. The park part has been renovated and they are currently constructing a nee boat landing off one of the waterways I used to shoot. It's actually looking better than ever.

Clearly, time for a re-visit, with camera(s)!