Thread: Columns of the Archives

Columns of the Archives

Hi Everyone,

Here's a 2 minute f/138 exposure recorded on Fuji 160 4x5 color film at the U.S. National Archives in Washington, DC.

Have a nice day,
    Scott
    www.scottspeck.com

Columns of the Archives

Great framing Scott, and the tones on the columns are so creamy in color. (actually looks strangely like plastic)
    It's a beaut.

Columns of the Archives

Great shot! The colours work well.

Columns of the Archives

This is excellent, Scott. I've seen (and admired) many of your black-and-white architectural shots, but I think this is the first color one I've seen (at least the first in a long while). I agree with Drifter that color works very well here, with the creaminess of the structure set against the plain blue. And the framing is dead on. Really nice!

Columns of the Archives

Thanks a lot, all of you! The closest column has some grain visible in it, but the other columns, being more distant, have that creamier look. Mark, it's interesting that you referenced "plastic". I had wondered whether, for the ultimately dramatic architecture pinholes, one could do MACRO shots using small, incredibly elaborate architectural models (of purely "fictional" structures, created just for the pinhole photos)...

Scott

Columns of the Archives

Here is an example of Bethany de Forest's work. Your micro-architecture macro-pinhole is essentially what she's doing. I truly admire her work.
    http://www.pinhole.nl/sugarpalace/index.htm