Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Summer 2010 Print Swap!

Summer 2010 Print Swap!

George, I'm glad you liked them, thanks for the compliments. This has been part of my first effort in printing in the darkroom, so I've been learning a lot along the way.

Summer 2010 Print Swap!

Danny, Mark and Marv - My prints are finally going out this week. And I have received each of yours - fabulous stuff. Let me know when mine arrive!
    cheers - erin

Summer 2010 Print Swap!

Just got my prints from ChrisP -- three excellent prints, all beautifully mounted and matted.

Unbelievable riches!

Note to everyone in my group: my prints are finally packed and addressed and should go out in tomorrow's mail.

Summer 2010 Print Swap!

I'm busy painting ceiling and walls (every evening after the day job is done), but yesterday Marv's picture arrived!

A great excuse to take a break and enjoy a fine B&W image.

Marv, you didn't coordinate with Mark, did you ?
    Again an nice and peaceful landscape image in B&w...

Many thanks, my collection of fine work keeps growing

Danny

Summer 2010 Print Swap!

@ ChrisP:

Just received your beautifully seen, beautifully photographed, beautifully printed, beautifully matted, and beautifully parcelled prints this morning.

Truly excellent stuff.

They are going on to my wall as we speak.

Now, I'm off tomorrow to France for a week or so. When I get back I will be sending off my humble efforts. :B

Summer 2010 Print Swap!

Quote Originally Posted by 2351
    Now, I'm off tomorrow to France for a week or so. When I get back I will be sending off my humble efforts. :B
    I don't know much about US-Ireland mail, but I hope the print from me is waiting when you return (the post office said 5-7 days). Everything went out in the mail yesterday as promised in an earlier posting. US recipients should be seeing theirs very soon.

Summer 2010 Print Swap!

DRC,

I received your print ...its Awesome. It is so crisp and clear and nicely toned. And nicely matted as well
    Was this taken in WV?

Chrisp

Summer 2010 Print Swap!

Quote Originally Posted by 811
    I'm busy painting ceiling and walls (every evening after the day job is done), but yesterday Marv's picture arrived!

A great excuse to take a break and enjoy a fine B&W image.

Marv, you didn't coordinate with Mark, did you ?
    Again an nice and peaceful landscape image in B&w...

Many thanks, my collection of fine work keeps growing

Danny
    As always you are welcome and no, no coordination, that would be like work!

Summer 2010 Print Swap!

Quote Originally Posted by 619
    DRC,

I received your print ...its Awesome. It is so crisp and clear and nicely toned. And nicely matted as well
    Was this taken in WV?

Chrisp
    Glad you like the print, Chris, and yes, the picture was taken in West Virginia, about a five minute walk from my house (depending on how much gear I'm schlepping). It's the remains of an old bridge across the Cheat River.

Summer 2010 Print Swap!

This is a blatant advertisement for print swaps -- I want to encourage fellow f295 folk to participate in future exchanges. As far as I know this is one of the most inexpensive and rewarding ways to obtain high quality artwork. I've participated in four (?) f295 exchanges with excellent results every time. I have a growing collection of fine art prints in the artistic realm that I love -- pinhole/zone plate photos and alternative processes.

As George said above, "there's nothing like holding a print in your hands." And make no mistake, these are fine art prints. During the last 2 years or so I've continuously had f295-swap prints from around the world on display in my house.

Please accept a sincere "thank you" to all those who are participating in the current exchange!

For those who haven't yet joined an exchange, here's a quick survey of what I have received so far on the current round

Danny sent several prints. I was delighted in particular to receive his subtly-hued color print of a German newspaper (pinhole, you've seen it posted previously on f295). The color and lighting are superb, and it's a really fine print.

Erin sent a pair of (zoneplate) images of toys -- spectacularly 'staged' scenes that are playful and convincingly 'lifelike.' And let me tell you, the prints are absolutely georgeous. The tones are beautiful and the blacks are sooooo black. Erin, what paper/printer combo are you using for these?... they are perfect!

From Marv I received a more traditional, rural scene in a very fine B&W print. You've seen this image of a tree and field in the B&W thread. Very peaceful, a real slice of American life.

And Ralph Thompson's beautiful "Lotus Pond" is a real B&W gem. A zoneplate image, the highlights really sparkle. It has a very magical quality that I think is a unique product of the subject matter and the techniques. I expect to see frogs and faeries in this scene.

Evan sent a beautiful cyanotype print "Lacock Abbey" (seen on f295 if I remember correctly). This is the first cyanotype I have received, and it's a beauty. As a bonus Evan also sent a B&W stereo version of this image. Very nice! They have a reall historic feel to them.

You can't get this kind of variety and quality anywhere else... pinhole, zoneplate, B&W, color, cyanotype... I love it.

Thanks again to all the artists. And when we do the next exchange (winter?) I hope we can at least double the number of participants.

Best regards to all,
    Mark

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast