Rollei 400 IR 10 mins in bright sun
    9 mins in HC-110 dilution B Attached files

Penshaw IR Pinhole

Very nice image! IR suits it.

Jon

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
    Blog Entries

Penshaw IR Pinhole

I read a couple of descriptions of this edifice - it is a peculiarly English construction, it seems to me. Americans would build something like this in Las Vegas or Wisconsin Dells amusement park, but not in a spot where it is expected to be taken seriously. Your image makes it look much more like a toy than like a grandiose tribute to a man's inflated sense of his own worth.

I am sorry if I have this all wrong. I don't mean to say that Americans do not make silly and self righteous monuments. I just think that this one tastes English to me.

Penshaw IR Pinhole

I'm sure you are right. I don't suppose there were many people around in 1844 willing to tell tell Charles William Vane, 3rd Marquess of Londonderry that this was a bit over the top - he did own large chunks of County Durham and the coal beneath it.

Penshaw IR Pinhole

Great image John. What filter did you use? Red?
    I have some rollei ir400 and i'd like to give it a try. Seems like you've homed in on the right exposure.

Penshaw IR Pinhole

Cool image! I like the way the building's black. It'd be nice to see one taken a bit closer.

Penshaw IR Pinhole

Quote Originally Posted by 856
    Great image John. What filter did you use? Red?
    I have some rollei ir400 and i'd like to give it a try. Seems like you've homed in on the right exposure.
    thanks, it was with an R72 filter. This needed much more exposure than the 5 stops compensation suggested in most places. This was taken at a little over 10 stops more than the meter suggested without the filter - probably some reciprocity failure here as well. Another exposure at +8 stops (2 min) was just about printable. +6 stops (30s) was well underexposed.

500+ Posts

Penshaw IR Pinhole

Impressive!

Penshaw IR Pinhole

Thanks for the helpful info on the exposure John!

Penshaw IR Pinhole

That's very good John. Keep meaning to go up there myself sometime. Just never get around to it.