Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ems apertures for sale

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
    Blog Entries

ems apertures for sale

I have an inventory of ems (electron miscroscopy copper pinhole) apertures for sale. I have not set up my website yet, but please send me a pm if you need any number of these very fine pinholes. The cost is $1.00 US each, plus $5 shipping and handling per order.

I have the following sizes in stock:
    200 micron (.2 mm)
    300 micron (.3 mm)
    400 micron (.4 mm)
    500 micron (.5 mm)

I plan to keep these in stock, and I am willing to order 150 micron or 600 micron as well, if there is any interest.

Thanks.

Earl Johnson

ems apertures for sale

Hello Earl,
    Ist here any chance to get some 100 or 150 micron apertures?

Blog Entries

ems apertures for sale

Cezary:

I don't have those sizes in my current inventory. I will order some of each, and after I receive them I can ship you as many as you want. I am charging $1 US for each aperture, plus a $5 US shipping and handling charge. If these sizes are backordered at the supplier, it might take 2 or 3 weeks for me to receive them.

ems apertures for sale

Earl,

I would be interested in a small quantity of 150 (and 300) micron apertures too.

Best regards,

Evan

Blog Entries

ems apertures for sale

I have added to my inventory. I now will try to keep the following aperture sizes in stock and available for immediate shipment:

100 micron (.1 mm)
    150 micron (.15 mm)
    200 micron (.2 mm)
    300 micron (.3 mm)
    400 micron (.4 mm)
    500 micron (.5 mm)

Prices are $1.00 US for each aperture, plus $5.00 per order shipping and handling.

ems apertures for sale

Quote Originally Posted by 560
    I have added to my inventory.
    Earl, this is a great service you are providing!

What is the O.D. of these apertures?
    How are you accepting payments?

Dave

Blog Entries

ems apertures for sale

The aperture discs are 3 mm in diameter, and are either 25 microns or 50 microns thick. My preferred payment method is PayPal, but I will also accept a check if you live in the US.

ems apertures for sale

Thanks, Earl! I'll have to decide what and how many I want for future projects.
    PayPal is probably the most convenient path, anyway.

Dave

ems apertures for sale

How would one mount these apertures? (sorry, newbie. Just let me know if that's covered elsewhere and I missed it.)

Blog Entries

ems apertures for sale

JP - welcome to f295. My mounting method is a 1/16" diameter hole punched in a piece of 3M 235 black photographic tape. I then place the copper aperture on a well lit surface, and sighting down through the hole in the tape, I pick up the aperture with the sticky side of the tape with the pinhole centered in the tape hole. This piece of tape can then be applied to the inside of a popcorn tin camera or to a disc cut from pop can aluminum, or to a 24 x 36 mm rectangle of aluminum that can go into a plastic 35 mm slide mount. In my tin can cameras, I usually drill a 1/8" diameter hole in the can, and then put the tape on the inside of the can. A piece of flexible magnetic sheeting makes a nifty shutter for a tin can camera. On my big plywood cameras, I fashioned a black foamcore slide mount holder that allows me to swap out pinholes and zone plates. I usually use a step-up ring epoxied to the front of the camera along with a lens cap for a shutter on my larger cameras. This allows me to use filters.

I keep a stock of ems pinholes - I sell them for a buck apiece, plus $5 per order for shipping and handling. You can get a dozen high quality pinholes for the price of just one Lenox Laser aperture (and I think that these apertures are better than Lenox). Send me a pm if you want to try out a few of the little fellows.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast