Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ems apertures for sale

bump to top
    Regards Shane
    - Suggestions on how to improve image always welcome
    http://www.ipernity.com/home/isisford/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/isisford/

These apertures are superb! Here is a scan I did of one to compare with one of my homemade pinholes:

EMS 800 2x.jpg

Greeting Earl,
    A lot of water has gone under the bridge since we last corresponded. I have had a shoulder replacement, my wife Cathy a hip replacement (three weeks ago) and our relocation from Underberg to Hermanus in the Western Cape. We have settled into our new surroundings and are really enjoying living on the coast. How are you and the family? Well I hope! One of my impending projects for 2015 is to coach a group of young art students in the basics of pinhole photography. The plan is for each participant to build and decorate their own simple 4x5 camera and exhibit the result ,including the camera (which should be a work of art in its own right), at the annual Art Festival in June next year. I have two questions. 1. Do you still sell pinholes and would you be able to post them as you did for me in the past. 2. As all my notes are still in storage could i ask you to calculate focal length and relevant pinhole size for a 4x5 camera with and angle of view equating to approximately 25mm in 35mm terms.I really would appreciate your assistance.

Kindest regards,

Lawrie.
    "f180 and be there"

Bump to top, since this just came up in another thread.
    Some photos: Ipernity
    ( pinholes and solargraphs mixed in among the rest)

Lawrie, that would be about 115 mm and require a 0.4mm pinhole

Quote Originally Posted by LAWRIE View Post
    Greeting Earl,
    A lot of water has gone under the bridge since we last corresponded. I have had a shoulder replacement, my wife Cathy a hip replacement (three weeks ago) and our relocation from Underberg to Hermanus in the Western Cape. We have settled into our new surroundings and are really enjoying living on the coast. How are you and the family? Well I hope! One of my impending projects for 2015 is to coach a group of young art students in the basics of pinhole photography. The plan is for each participant to build and decorate their own simple 4x5 camera and exhibit the result ,including the camera (which should be a work of art in its own right), at the annual Art Festival in June next year. I have two questions. 1. Do you still sell pinholes and would you be able to post them as you did for me in the past. 2. As all my notes are still in storage could i ask you to calculate focal length and relevant pinhole size for a 4x5 camera with and angle of view equating to approximately 25mm in 35mm terms.I really would appreciate your assistance.

Kindest regards,

Lawrie.
    Regards Shane
    - Suggestions on how to improve image always welcome
    http://www.ipernity.com/home/isisford/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/isisford/

Hello Earl,
    have you any 100 or 150 microns pinholes on the stock?
    Regards,
    Cezary

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
    Blog Entries
    Cezary -

I keep on hand every size that I can find available. Still the same price - $1 ea USD + $5 per order. Let me know how many and send me a pm with your snail mail address.
    because:
    "a squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?"
    -Don Van Vliet

Earl,
    did you receive my message?

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
    Blog Entries
    Yes, I did, Cezary, the apertures will be posted tomorrow.
    because:
    "a squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?"
    -Don Van Vliet

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234