Thread: Unnatural Disasters

Unnatural Disasters

I've decided to put together a set of images which I refer to as 'Unnatural Disasters'.

These consist of images where either processing or exposure has gone wrong, there has been a fault with the camera or back or maybe the fault is just a bloomin' mystery...like this first one here

Voyager disaster - don't have a clue what happened here but the negative emulsion looks speckled and one would swear there was snow falling in the scene. I know there wasn't of course because I was there and it was a summer's evening. But I find this so irritating as I obeyed processing instructions to the letter.

Anyone know what went wrong or has it happened to you?

Attached files

Unnatural Disasters

Another one here.

This time I know what went wrong. A set of worn light seals on a film back caused the strong light to come in and cause flare. Also there was a quite a bit of flare coming from the front which reflected off the zone plate.

Ah well. Lesson learned. Keep your Hasselblad backs well serviced every couple of years.

Mill disaster.... Attached files

Unnatural Disasters

Now this is a bit of a mystery. What is the black circle at the bottom right hand side all about?

It's not in any other frame on the roll and not in any other roll either???? :-/

Street disaster... Attached files

Unnatural Disasters

I am fairly new to shooting on film so I've no idea what the speckles are in the first image but kind of like the effect to be honest. I hate it when random happenings trash a picture but I would put this one in the 'happy accidents' box.

Unnatural Disasters

I like #1 the way it is the snow look work for me.

Unnatural Disasters

Do you have hard water in your area? I looks like there may be deposits on the negative; front, rear, or both. That's only a guess. I like the effect though. As for #3, that's the blind spot in your eyeball don't you know....