Thread: new print old image

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
    Blog Entries

new print old image

I posted this one before, but I made a new print last night, so I thought that I would show it. I am calibrating Mike Ware's argyrotype process for my river show (I have tabled the carbon print plan for the time being). This image is a digital negative of a 4x5 image. The paper is Weston Diploma Parchment. The size is 8x10. This version is darker than the salt print I made last year, but I think that it still works. And, I like the color that argyrotypes can give.

Single coat of sensitizer, glass rod, humidified in the cat carrier before exposure, and again after exposure, but before processing. Attached files

new print old image

looking good Earl!

new print old image

Definitely looking good. Can't wait to see this one up close and personal.

new print old image

Looks real good! Too bad about the carbon, but you can always go back to it. What I really want to know though, is where did you get the Weston D.P. around here?

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
    Blog Entries

new print old image

Dave - I ordered 100 sheets from Butler-Dearden. I have the address and phone number for John Zokowski if you want it. Stop by and grab a couple of sheets for testing, if you like. It is not the heaviest paper, but so far I like it for some processes. The paper is off white - slightly creamy in color. The price is very good compared to the high buck papers.

new print old image

Wow Earl! Thanks! I will definitely take you up on it, but not until March. I HAVE to get my application done before I move into any other sort of experimenting, which I will be doing with the Weston. I want to finally start the calotype negatives and it is one of the recommended papers. It's also supposed to be good for salt, which I will give a try, too. Maybe even with good ol' NaCl as well as the ammonium chloride.