Thread: Arcola High Bridge Argyrotype

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
    Blog Entries

Arcola High Bridge Argyrotype

Here is a print from the camera negative of one of the 8x10 images that I took on Saturday. I only had enough sensitizer left to coat 4 sheets, and this was second to last. There were some dregs at the bottom of the bottle that caused the horizontal streaks. The contrast range is not the same as the scan from the negative, but I think that this print conveys the feeling of a cold winter day. I will mix up a new batch of sauce and try this one again.

I should also try it with a scan and a digital negative - even though I would print it at the same size, I can adjust the contrast of the negative to fit the printing process. Attached files

Sweet Earl. It has a vintage feel that represents both the subject and sensor nicely. I really need to see one of these in person, looks like an intriguing process.

I REALLY like this Earl, beautiful!
    Sam H.

VERY nice. You've been busy!

Nice work Earl.
    Zemir

Stunning photograph, just stunning.

Earl, I don't know why I missed this thread. Thanks Tony that you commented it. A really excellent picture and the Argyrotype print must look great. The scan of it is already very beautiful.