Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Synchronicity

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
    Blog Entries

Synchronicity

I have been through a lot in the past two weeks. I took my wife to the hospital on February 14, and she passed away on February 24. For some reason that I do not understand yet, on February 19, she was transferred to the same room where I recovered from my cancer surgery in November of 2009. Many of the nurses that made my wife comfortable before she died were the same people who helped me to recover a year and a half ago. I took some pinhole pictures when I was in the hospital, but I felt the need to complete the circle while my wife was in the same room. I don't know yet how these images will be presented to the world. I am hoping that one of them might be good enough that the hospital would consider mounting it on the wall of the room where I recovered from major surgery, and where my best friend passed away.

First, here is the view out the window. Attached files

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
    Blog Entries

Synchronicity

Here is a view from one floor below and down the hall. The room where the previous image was captured is the second to the last on the top floor on the left. i apologize for not spending any time on this image in Photoshop. I will make it into something worthwhile when I go to print it. The Minnesota State Capitol is framed between the buildings on either side of the street.

Attached files

Synchronicity

Earl, my heart goes out to you, and I cannot imagine your loss, the sorrow that you feel. Yet somehow these images of the world outside that hospital room reminds me of the other worlds that you've captured in your images, and I therefore hope and pray that you find solace and comfort in friends, family and your art. Thank you for sharing this moment with us, you are in my prayers.

~Joe

Synchronicity

The photo from your room is made stronger by the story. I can imagine the feeling of hope and the future from your stay there. I can't imagine the feeling of being helplessness and the future from Patty's stay. I hope they accept your offer of a print, it might help others cope with thier situation knowing they aren't alone.

Our thoughts and prayers also Earl. Be well.

Synchronicity

From the other side of the world I share your sorrow Earl. I sure a offer of your art will be welcomed, and enjoyed by others

Synchronicity

Earl, I'm so sorry! I had no idea. I have all kinds of free time, and though I'm sure you have close friends and family offering the same, if you need anything do not hesitate to get in touch. Your story of sharing the same room is touching and I also hope the hospital takes you up on the offer should you decide to make it. They are wonderful images.

Synchronicity

Dear Earl, my deepest condolences. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you.

Synchronicity

Earl, you are one of my favorite and most respected photographers here on F295, my deepest heartfelt sympathies go out to you. My mother passed just over two years ago and she was, after my wife, my best friend and it is so much a loss to me that she is gone. She was one of my biggest Pinhole supporters as well, I think that is why I haven't been as active as I was there for a while. Your loss has to be so much more than I can even comprehend. Again, I am so saddened by your loss. I know there are no words that can be said to ease the grief of losing your mate and best friend so I just say, You are a friend to me even though we've never met face to face. If you ever visit this part of the world, TEXAS, just send me a note and I'll buy you a cup of Joe and lunch.

Henry

Synchronicity

Good Morning Earl,
    I am sad to hear of your loss of Patty. Those are beautiful and important photographs you made.
    Stay strong,
    Sam H.

Synchronicity

Dear Earl, I can only echo what others have said before me. Over the couple of years I've been in f295, you've always had encouraging and wise words to say to all of us. Everyone on f295 respects you and your work and we've all learnt from you. Although we've never met, I feel like I know you and I know the others feel the same and share your grief. Pinholing and this forum has helped me through difficult times and I'm sure the same goes for you. Your pictures would make a wonderful addition to the hospital's walls. Best wishes.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast