Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: B-58 Hustler

B-58 Hustler

I'm an airplane nut too, Scott. I used to fly small airplanes and I was once a helicopter mechanic in the US Air Force. I think a few HH-3Es that I once knew well are now resting in the desert not far from the Pima museum.

No criticism was intended, just an acknowledgement of the sad fact that such aircraft (I was referring to the mention of the B-17) have wreaked havoc in some places and that some people here may justifiably see them very differently.

I think you're right about the B-47 never seeing combat. I know you are about the B-58 and B-36. The B-57 Canberra shown in one of the other photos saw extensive use in Vietnam.

B-58 Hustler

I verified that the B-47, B-36, and B-58 never saw combat. Interesting, considering the mass and numbers of those aircraft, isn't it?

Yes, the B-17 ran a lot of bombing raid missions, to be sure. And look at the B-29, including its use in dropping 2 nukes! Of course, the B-52, in terms of sheer tonnage, might be unequaled, but I'm not sure about that.

Speaking of you flying small airplanes, I would L-O-V-E to pinhole photograph small craft, including biplanes.

Scott

B-58 Hustler

Quote Originally Posted by 200
    Speaking of you flying small airplanes, I would L-O-V-E to pinhole photograph small craft, including biplanes.

Scott
    Then you need to go here: http://www.airventure.org/

Be prepared to be overwhelmed.

If that's a little much, google the Experimental Aircraft Association and look for a local fly-in in your area. A lot of what you'll find will be homebuilts, but there are generally antiques too. There will often be biplanes of both persuasions, and the pilots/owners love to show them off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12