Thread: In-Flight

In-Flight

I've had to fly quite a bit to and from Arizona these last few weeks for work.... I was able to take the Zero pinhole camera with me one time. On a flight back to MN, I saw this opportunity and it's a hand held 2 second exposure with me leaning right up against the perspex inside window. Film was Kodak TMY-II developed in TMAX dev 1:4

Attached files

In-Flight

Neat image. Never thought about using a pinhole out a airplane window. Nice tone and flare.

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
    Blog Entries

In-Flight

That is a very cool, Andrew. Pinhole out of a plane window is brave, indeed.

In-Flight

That's very sharp for a hand-held 2 second exposure, Andrew !

Even one where you pressed it against the window, as I thought vibration might have rendered it slightly less sharp than it has?

I love the speed effect as the plane passes the clouds.

This and the other image you posted are typical of your strong, well composed images.

500+ Posts

In-Flight

Really cool. I would never admit even the idea of trying this :-)

In-Flight

Clouds are like sheeps

In-Flight

Thanks everyone.... I do admit I was rolling the dice doing handheld pinhole shots. However, after seeing what a local Pinholer did by holding his Zero camera out of an open sun roof while another friend drove, was simply astounding... I figured that by holding the camera in both hands with my knuckles touching the perspex safety window on the inside of the plane, was worth a try at least. I myself, am pleasantly surprised by the result. Sometimes serendipity can pay off, sometimes not.

In-Flight

Great! I really like it. Last time before my flight home i tought about pinhole shot like that but i was to tired and lazy.