Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6x9 pinhole

6x9 pinhole

This camera i finished a some time ago, but again first samples i scanned last weekend. Camera has interchangeable apertures and sliding shutter. Focal length - 30mm. First i placed the shutter inside the camera, but it caused vigneting- hole in shutter were to small ( it can be seen on first sample). I made sliding shutter from thin (0,6mm) birch 3 layer plywood- an excellent material for wide angle cameras. The same way are prepared apertures- between two pieces of plywood is placed piece of copper brass with pinhole. Third one i prepared wth zone plate.

Attached files

6x9 pinhole

first sample- with shutter placed inside- at the edges shutter can be seen. 0,2mm pinhole, 2min sec exposure at 100 asa- Botanical Gardens of Wroclaw University

Attached files

6x9 pinhole

...and two more samples- new sliding shutter placed outside the box. Botanical gardens again and my daughter Julia (30 seconds exposure)

Attached files

6x9 pinhole

Wow! Pretty camera and nice results!
    How close were you to your lovely model? Maybe a meter or so from her feet?

Is there a trace of teen "attitude" here? "Come on, Dad! 30 whole seconds?!?"

6x9 pinhole

Cezarioo, a further very well built camera and excellent first test pictures.

500+ Posts

6x9 pinhole

Hi, nice camera again! I like how you maintain the design througout the time.
    But, I know from experience that the birch plywood is not completely opaque, even when being far thicker than 0,6 mm. (My film was fogged through a 4 mm birch plywood plate when I let the camera about an hour on a direct sunlight, despite the plywood being one-side painted with black ink.) Do you use some kind of dense black paint?

6x9 pinhole

@dbell- distance from camera to my model was around 1 meter, maybe more. I was surprised, beacuse this time my daughter didn't say "come on, dad again pinhole" but only"30 seconds, OK, i'm frozen" That wasfirst day of the vacations.
    @ Renon- thank you for your kind words.
    @Martin- i think that reason why your film was fogged is other than not completely opaque plywood- 4mm it seems to be impossiple. All fronts of my cameras are mede from 2,5 or 3mm plywood. Shutter was made from 0,6mm birch plywood double sided painted with black acrylic spray paint, two paint layers from each side. I had some problems to attach the shutter completely flat to the camera- very thin plywood bends when painted. I added some silicone resin as a gasket

6x9 pinhole

Martin, my experience is as well that 4 mm plywood isn't opaque. Applying twice black matt acrylic paint solves the problem.

500+ Posts

6x9 pinhole

Quote Originally Posted by 901
    @Martin- i think that reason why your film was fogged is other than not completely opaque plywood- 4mm it seems to be impossiple. All fronts of my cameras are mede from 2,5 or 3mm plywood. Shutter was made from 0,6mm birch plywood double sided painted with black acrylic spray paint, two paint layers from each side. I had some problems to attach the shutter completely flat to the camera- very thin plywood bends when painted. I added some silicone resin as a gasket
    Thanks for the reply. I do not want to argue, however, I tested it in a complete darkness with a flashlight. Some light was visible through the plywood when the flashlight was placed on the other side. But I believe that the acrylic paint can make it opaque if applied properly.

6x9 pinhole

Nice camera.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast