Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5.5 tons of gold

5.5 tons of gold

Many thanks for your very kind comments.

During my visits to Thailand and influenced by my wife I got in closer contact with the Thai Buddhism. Right from the beginning I was fascinated by the way this religion is part of the daily life of the Thai people and how welcome you are in the temples as foreigner. I like the long exposure times of several minutes in the temples. During the exposure I have enough time to feel the atmosphere in the room and to take a closer look at the various Buddha images. This is one of the big advantages of the pinhole photography. The most visitors come in a temple, look around for a few seconds, take a few digital pictures and leave. Sometimes I spend half an hour or longer in a temple to get in the right mood to take a picture. It's really very relaxing and recreating in our busy world. Every temple, large or small, has his specialties you can discover, sometimes hidden in a very far corner.

5.5 tons of gold

Awesome, Thanks again Rene!

5.5 tons of gold

Many thanks, Henry.

Very nice work! #3 - WOW, gorgeous colours.

Rene'
    Great series. I would have to say that number three is my favorite. In part because of the color combination and also your being able to get closer to the Buddha.

Many thanks for your very kind comments.
    -_- Best wishes from Switzerland, Ren -_- my photos on flickr

It is amazing how dense gold is. To imagine that sculpture weighs 11,000 pounds...unbelievable. I like your comment, Rene, about the connection you feel with the subject while waiting for a prolonged pinhole exposure. It is truly one of my favorite things about pinhole photography. I love how it forces us to slow down and just......wait.

Wow, 5.5 tonnes!
    A great serise, nice composition.
    I think the first longer view is best, it shows the a more complete image that puts the statue in its true context.
    Does light still exist if we're not looking?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dach_art/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12