Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wat Chakrawat

Wat Chakrawat

The color version of the shadow of Buddha (I posted already a bw version of it here)

I wanted to have some sun rays and flare in this picture, but I didn't expect such a colorful results. Attached files

Wat Chakrawat

And as last picture of this series a smaller statue of a very happy looking Buddha close to Buddha's shadow.

Attached files

Wat Chakrawat

I'm torn between the colour version of Buddha's Shadow and the B&W version...
    I think the colour gets ahead by a tiny fraction and part of the difference is the impact of full frame vs cropping

Wat Chakrawat

Stunning photos, Rene!
    You are greatly privileged to be able to study such a beautiful country...
    I loved the story of the children and the crocodile!!

Dave

Wat Chakrawat

Again, Thank you Rene. No 10 has such a mystical impression. Very nice special FX cool!

Wat Chakrawat

Fantatsic series of pictures as usual, and a very interesting narrative to go with them.

I love them all but I think the third image is quite appealing and a lot of fun with the golden Buddha just peeping up over the level of the floor.

Wat Chakrawat

Many thanks for your very kind comments.

The children were about 8 to 10 years old. The Buddhism and a Wat is a part of the daily life in Thailand. So the Wat is also a playground for children, a recreational place for adults and a place to meet others. Very often it has some food stalls close to the entrance of the Wat.

The framing of the pictures is a scan of a banana leaf paper.

Wat Chakrawat

Thanks for showing us this beatiful set of pictures. The very long name make me smile

Wat Chakrawat

Many thanks, Tonio.

Although the children in the school learn the full name Thai people use usually the first part " Krung Thep" only or being more modern they simply speak about "Bangkok".

Wat Chakrawat

René amazing photography ...truly delightful Colin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast