Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long overdue

Long overdue

I was meaning to comment earlier on these images, which are just great. I love the meniscus lens look to these, and they are very much in the style that I favor. Speed Graphics are great cameras, with their curtain shutter, they can use almost anything that focuses an image.

-Joe

Long overdue

Thanks, Joe! The added advantage of this camera, which is a mini-SG, is that it's small and light enough to pack around with a lot of those cute little 2x3 film holders without too much hassle. I store and carry it and its accessories in one of those "vintage" ladies' train cosmetic cases. A dark cloth even fits in there! Perfect!

Long overdue

There's a local camera repair shop here in Abq that has a complete 2x3 SG kit for sale, including holders. I'm thinking about getting it to use with paper negatives cut down to fit the holders. One can never have too many WWII-era press camera kits, I always say!

And actually, the 2x3 size might be good for intimate portraits using the Harman direct positive paper.

-Joe

Long overdue

I can't think of anyone who would put that camera to better use than you would!
    I say, "Go for it"!

Long overdue

Took me a while to find these, Mary (I sometimes forget to scroll down beyond the pinhole and zone plate stuff). Really great work with the commandeered lens. I like the fall-off in the sharpness -- it works especially well in the first image.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12