Thread: Kiwanis Lookout

Kiwanis Lookout

The Kiwanis organization maintain an open space wildlife lookout in the Elena Gallegos open space area along the foothills of the Sandia Mountains, near Albuquerque. These images are looking through the structure's observation windows, at a frozen pond. F333, 5"x7" preflashed grade 2 paper negatives.

~Joe

Window Pair: (Exposure 53 seconds)

Single Window: (Exposure 55 seconds)

Trapezoid Window: (Exposure 1:20) (Cropped)

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
    Blog Entries

Kiwanis Lookout

Joe -

These are some of the best pinhole images that have been posted on this site. The tonality of all three is wonderful. Well done!

Kiwanis Lookout

The first one is one I would love to see on my wall. The two openings showing different parts of the tree really draw my interest.

Cheers -

george

Kiwanis Lookout

Joe,

Wow! I really like the abstract nature of the shadows/ highlights on the wood combined with the trees and pond. I have to take my hat off to you; many folks would struggle to capture both the shadows and highlights on film let alone paper.

Best regards,

Evan

Kiwanis Lookout

Joe, absolutely great, perfect shadows and highlights. The first picture is a keeper, also regarding composition.

Kiwanis Lookout

Wonderful views. I like them all.

Kiwanis Lookout

These are great, Joe. I'm really impressed at the way you've managed to hold the detail for both the framing elements and the outside scene.

The first one, with the two looks at the tree, is outstanding.

Kiwanis Lookout

Excellent set, I can only echo the comments on the range of tones, can't pick a winner they just hang as aperfect set.

Kiwanis Lookout

JVC
    I have to comment on this sequence which is wonderfully pre-visualised. Number one is so impressive. Pre-flashing is something I've not yet tried, but will, having seen this set of yours.
    Inspiring.