Thread: Endangered species

Endangered species

Thought I'd take a pinhole photo of one of these before they all dissappeared.
    25mm FL on 6x6 acros. Some PS work to boost the contrast.

I used one of those small 'suction cup' tripods you can get for about €5 on Evilbay. Makes for some creative angles.

Endangered species

very cool!

Endangered species

You know, if we decided to do a thread on pay phones I'll bet it would be a tough one to accomplish. Seems like there used to be one on every block and I honestly can't think of one still standing in our area.

You are getting a rich tonal range and great chrispness to the photos; I like it.

Endangered species

A cool picture. I like it. In the meantime almost nobody uses such public phones. Good you took a picture of one of it before all these devises disappear completely.

Nicely done. This has me thinking... I don't know of any in my town anymore, but will certainly keep my eyes open for an opportunity to capture an image of one too.

Interesting angle. Not to many of those left around.

Great perspective, Jimmy. This past summer I was on a small Scottish island, and the only phone booth there had been converted into a mini-greenhouse full of plants. The phone was still in it, hidden among the foliage, but I'm not sure if it worked or not.

What the heck is that thing! Just kidding, I even remember "party lines". Do you remember your ring sequence? Mine was Ring Ring.... Riiing.

Man, i haven't seen one of these in ages. Great angle. Makes what used to be a pretty run of the mill thing quite interesting.

cool... there are a few around limerick still, although they have opted for a sort of open air box now as people were abusing them too much... I think there was a christmas tree left in one for about a month... I was shocked to discover not so long ago that they now want 1euro to place a call

nice idea with the suction tripod...