Thread: Pier 63 Seattle

Pier 63 Seattle

I think I'm finally getting my scanner dialed in. After previous frustrations with softness and noise, I got a negative holder from betterscanning.com and revamped my scanning process. I'm very impressed with the negative holder from betterscanning, and Doug is a great guy to do business with. Here's the first "new" result, it's actually a frame from a previous roll, but I didn't notice it before. I don't think I'd like this at all if it weren't for the red mark on the bottom. This is Pier 63 on the Seattle waterfront, looking northward, ZeroImage 6x9 with Fuji Reala. You can see the iconic Seattle Space Needle in the right side (with an orange bump on top).

Cheers

Pier 63 Seattle

The red bit is a nice contrast but I think it clashes with the lines drawing us into the distance.
    I want to look in two places at once.
    But then it does look a bit lacking without it.
    Difficult one.

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
    Blog Entries

Pier 63 Seattle

there's a little bit of color from right to left on the horizon line, so I think the red works big time!

Pier 63 Seattle

Thanks guys! and it's definitely a nice little happy accident the way that the water on the horizon and the buses on the right made an almost perfect horizontal line.

Pier 63 Seattle

Looks good to me!

Pier 63 Seattle

Hooray for happy accidents! That's a great perspective and the splash of color does change the dynamic doesn't it?

Pier 63 Seattle

Thanks guys! Yeah Marv I think that's what does it for me. A friend told me to forget it and align the horizon for the rule of thirds, but I think it works much better this way.

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
    Blog Entries

Pier 63 Seattle

The rules for pinhole images are different than the rules for 'regular' photographs. Trust your eye. Line it up with your pointing lines, and fire away. Thanks for a subtle (almost monochrome) color pinhole image. I love it when you have to look twice to notice the color!

Pier 63 Seattle

I agree - thanks Earl!