Thread: Pfaeffikersee (rejeCAM 35HD-24 #1)

Pfaeffikersee (rejeCAM 35HD-24 #1)

The testing the latest version of the 35HD design we went for a walk to the lake Pfaeffikersee,

rejeCAM 35HD-24 #1, 24 mm focal length, 0.18 mm homemade brass pinhole, f/128, negative size 24 mm x 43 mm, Polypan F @ 200 ASA, developed in Calbe A49 (Atomal) 1+1 12 min.

Usually I can get 100 ASA speed with the Polypan F film but Calbe A49 gives true 200 ASA with a very fine grain.

One of the many fishing places around the lake. What looks like a small jetty is dedicated for fishing only. Fishing has the absolute priority on these jetties. It's not allow to use it for swimming or landing a boat etc. Attached files

Around the lake it has a hiking trail leading through the nature reserve around the lake. So it has a lot of interesting trees.

Attached files

A second beautiful tree.

Attached files

Looking from the South end of the lake in direction of Seegräben.

Attached files

More trees

Attached files

I'm fascinated by this dead tree. Unfortunately I cannot go closer as it is forbidden to leave the trail and to enter the nature reserve area.

Attached files

The small boat landing place at the South-East corner of the lake. In the background behind the sailboats a public lido.

Attached files

A small creek short before flowing in the lake. As it was pretty dark, around LV 9, and I hade to expose for several minutes I was busy to avoid that somebody, mostly children and dogs, were shaking the tripod. I took this shot standing on a small bridge which is the connection between the parking area and the lido. As it was sunny and warm a lot of people passed by. Several people approached my also to ask what I'm doing. They couldn't see anything interesting in the creek. I almost missed to stop the exposure but finally I made the shot. The main challenge of this picture, in addition to the fight with the children and the dogs, was to balance the exposure in a way that I could get still some details in the darker area on the right not completely overexposing the much brighter area on the left.

Attached files

And as last picture again trees, in the evening illuminated by the sun in a strong sidelight. It look's almost like a flash picture but shows precisely how the lighting situation was.

Attached files