Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On Seneca Lake

On Seneca Lake

These are from a recent family vacation to the Finger Lakes region of upstate New York. We rented a house right on the lake with its own dock. As soon as I saw the dock, I was reminded of some photos of Jimmy G's (James's) I had seen on Flckr (http://www.flickr.com/photos/limerick37/5311343044/in/photostream/lightbox/ and http://www.flickr.com/photos/limerick37/5307501019/in/photostream/lightbox/) and seoirse's (George's) images of bathing places (http://f295.f295.org/uploads/Blah.pl?m-1284840144/). So these images can be considered homages to them both.

I took these the first morning we were there, when the light was still soft and before the kids made it down to rattle the dock and splash about in the water.

Zero Image 612B with Ilford XP2 Super film. Exposures were about five seconds.

Here's the first: Attached files

On Seneca Lake

Here's the second:

Attached files

On Seneca Lake

And one more. I wish with this one I had kept the shutter open a bit longer to keep some detail in the left-hand shadows.

Attached files

On Seneca Lake

Excellent shots of a beautiful landscape.

On Seneca Lake

Beautiful, peaceful scenes. Composition is excelent. I really like them all. I think the exposure on the last one is just right, if you would have extended it you might have lost the top of the railing on the ladder. Very good work!

On Seneca Lake

I really like the composition of the 2nd... great lines and wonderful evocation of place.. thanks!

Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota, United States
    Blog Entries

On Seneca Lake

These are all very nice, Dave. It looks to me like the information is there in your negatives - you can probably tease it out in Photoshop (if that is something that you allow yourself to do).

On Seneca Lake

Fan of them all, but the first does it for me. The way the land mass and shadow reflects the corner of the jetty works nicely.

On Seneca Lake

Quote Originally Posted by 1446
    I really like the composition of the 2nd... great lines and wonderful evocation of place.. thanks!
    I am with Tom on this one. Superb pinhole image.

On Seneca Lake

Quote Originally Posted by 135

I am with Tom on this one. Superb pinhole image.
    Me too. Great shot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast