Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vermeer Hasselblad/Kiev Pinhole Panel - Test shots

Vermeer Hasselblad/Kiev Pinhole Panel - Test shots

These are the first test shots using the Vermeer Hasselblad/Kiev Pinhole Panel made for me by Cezary Bartczak of Vermeer Pinhole Cameras in Poland.

I have posted a review here:

http://f295.f295.org/uploads/Blah.pl?m-1346883418/

These first test shots come from a small rural racecourse called Bellewstown which hosts racing about twice a year on a fantastic course right in the centre of the village. It has a few nice trees planted here and there and is a nice place for pinhole pictures.

Vermeer Hasselblad/Kiev Pinhole Panel
    Hasselblad 12-on filmback
    f150 ; 30mm focal length
    0.2mm diameter pinhole
    Ilford HP5 rated at 320 iso
    Semi Stand developed in Rodinal 1:100 for 30 minutes

Pics 1 & 2:
    Attached files

Pics 3 & 4:

Attached files

Pic 5:

There are some nice trees growing around hidden corners of this lovely racecourse... Attached files

There is a lot of very fine detail in these images. Both you and Cezary Bartczak are to be congratulated.

Two Hasselblad based cameras days apart? What an incredible coincidence! Some great images there George. I am blown away by the sharpness of the white fence in no. 2.
    Perhaps now is the time to stockpile old Hasselblad backs before prices soar

Regards,

Lawrie.

Quote Originally Posted by 135
    There is a lot of very fine detail in these images. Both you and Cezary Bartczak are to be congratulated.
    Thank you for your nice comment, but really Cezary is the brains behind this wonderful camera. I'm just the bloke who activated the shutter !

Quote Originally Posted by 2428
    Two Hasselblad based cameras days apart? What an incredible coincidence! Some great images there George. I am blown away by the sharpness of the white fence in no. 2.
    Perhaps now is the time to stockpile old Hasselblad backs before prices soar

Regards,

Lawrie.
    Lawrie, I had taken delivery of this panel around April or so and was testing the Vermeer 6x13,5cm and a 5x4 Calumet in the meantime so am only just getting around to posting images now.

Yes, what a (happy) coincidence that you posted up your wonderful version too in the last week or so. Both are worthy additions to the world of pinhole photography and yourself and Cezary deserve every congratulation on coming up with such novel designs.

Well done to you both !

Thank you Lawrie and wcakey for your kind words. And great thanks for you George for your user's review and test.
    I always worry When i finish new camera which is made not for me . Did i miss someting? Will be this not to complicated in use?
    Hasselblad or kiev back is in my opinion an excellent base for pinhole camera. Reasonable price and many possibilities.

Very nice shots, George! They are incredibly sharp -- at some level, the camera must still think it's a Hasselblad Seeing these images reminds me that I should use my Cezary Kiev camera more often!

Great camera, great results!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast