Thread: Self Portrait - Genises

Self Portrait - Genises

Another from the 5x5 cell camera on 8x10 kodak panalure select. This one was a little underexposed after 8 minutes! You can see the 2 effects that this camera brings i.e the hands which are roughly a focal length away from the camera (joining up nicely) and the face further away which repeats.
    I have started on a lensed version of this camera using cheap plastic double convex lenses - I plan to use a ground glass for composition/focusing and allow each lens to focus individually.

Self Portrait - Genises

The more of these self portraits you do the better this format looks, but I am a sucker for abstracts and surrealism.......

Self Portrait - Genises

I really like what you have done with these. Have you posted a thread on the construction of the camera?

Self Portrait - Genises

Quote Originally Posted by 2596
    I really like what you have done with these. Have you posted a thread on the construction of the camera?
    I haven't. It's a very simple one shot design. Shoe-box with 5x5 compartments. 25 pinholes and a dark-slide style sliding shutter plate (black card board).
    It's not pretty, unless you've got a duck tape fetish (round here you never know!)...but it works.

Self Portrait - Genises

Quote Originally Posted by 856
    I haven't. It's a very simple one shot design. Shoe-box with 5x5 compartments. 25 pinholes and a dark-slide style sliding shutter plate (black card board).
    It's not pretty, unless you've got a duck tape fetish (round here you never know!)...but it works.
    It sounds very simple, and is very effective!